Viewing: 1-10 of 10
magellan

magellan - Nov 29, 2005 2:40 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Scott, I notice all of your pictures are linked to your name, not mountains. I am just about to start submitting pictures and would like to know how you do this.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Nov 29, 2005 1:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Great trip and report, Scott. When you are talking about the fixed ropes, are you harnessed in and prussiking them or just hanging onto them?



Man, that one you did is a steep-looking sucker!

Scott

Scott - Nov 29, 2005 4:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Scott, I notice all of your pictures are linked to your name, not mountains. I am just about to start submitting pictures and would like to know how you do this.



I guess if you click on the pics on your profile for the url, it links to the name. If you click on the photo on your mountain page, it links to the page. I guess it just depends on how you do it. I have to fix some of my photo links on other TR's because they are kind of messed up.



Anyway, for big photos, there is a tutorial in the FAQ's and on the General board under "Editing Mountain Pages". For thumbnails, I'll email something tomorrow, but right now I can't access my email.

Scott

Scott - Nov 29, 2005 5:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

When you are talking about the fixed ropes, are you harnessed in and prussiking them or just hanging onto them?



Just hanging on to the ropes and vines. The ropes are 2"-3" thick, and knotted every so often, so you can't prussik them. I have to wonder how they got the ropes up there in the first place. If dry, I imagine the climb isn't too bad, but when wet, its pretty scary coming down while holding onto those ropes, because everything is so slick. When wet, the rock there feels like its greased with Vaseline. If I went again, I would take my own rope and rappel the pitches.

Moni

Moni - Nov 30, 2005 8:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Looks like it was a great trip. You really have gone to a lot of places i still hope to visit!

Nice pics, too!

Scott

Scott - Dec 1, 2005 2:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Looks like it was a great trip. You really have gone to a lot of places i still hope to visit!



Thanks. It was a good trip. The heat, humidity, and rain can be trying, but its a great place.

Dragger

Dragger - Dec 2, 2005 3:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Great report, Scott! Your trip reminds me of my own trip to Rarotonga and Moorea. I did a bunch of solo hiking and climbing on Rarotonga (near New Zealand) but I'm afraid I did the "beach bum" thing when I got to Moorea. I did really enjoy the SCUBA diving and windsurfing too, however. Looking forward to your next report.



Carolyn

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Dec 3, 2005 2:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Well written report and great pics. I admire your courage giving Mt. Aorai a try in those conditions. Good job.

calebEOC

calebEOC - May 25, 2006 3:11 am - Voted 10/10

great page

Reading stuff like this is what keeps me coming back to this site. Your pages are always top notch Scott, thanks for taking the time to write this up.

Scott

Scott - May 25, 2006 6:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great page

Thanks for the compliment.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'The Joys and Terrors of Polynesia Peakbagging' main page