Mt Cook

Mt Cook

Colter, Mark, and Mike after the climb, before the long walk out
wyomingmike
on May 1, 2007 11:30 pm
Image ID: 289879

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
m_dquist

m_dquist - May 2, 2007 12:47 am - Hasn't voted

Colter

That's not Colter Anderson with you, is it?

wyomingmike

wyomingmike - May 2, 2007 10:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Colter

Sure Is

m_dquist

m_dquist - May 2, 2007 7:22 pm - Hasn't voted

No way

I climbed the Footstool (probably Colter's first peak in that park) with him in '03. How long were you guys there? How was the East ridge? Pics look awesome. What else did you do? How the hell is that guy anyway?

wyomingmike

wyomingmike - May 2, 2007 7:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No way

We were in NZ for 3 months. we climbed Aspiting (sw ridge), Douglas, and some ice routes around pioneer hut. It was a great trip. The east ridge was sweet, perfect conditions. I'm working on a trip report. Colter mentioned your climb in 03, small world!. I'll tell colter and have him send you a message.

m_dquist

m_dquist - May 3, 2007 1:07 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks

I haven't talked to him in forever. Colter and I tried to climb Aspiring's SW ridge with a couple of other people from our building in NZ but got shit on by the weather. How steep did the E. Ridge of Cook get? Was it ice the whole way or was there rock involved? Did you guys chopper or walk to the Plateau Hut?

wyomingmike

wyomingmike - May 3, 2007 7:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

The E. ridge was probably 65-70 degrees maximum, but probaly 60 on average. I have a difficult time judging angles. We skirted one section of rock and the rest was all ice, it's a glorious route. More to come in the trip report.
Cheers

Viewing: 1-6 of 6