Mt. Sill and Polemonium Peak

Mt. Sill and Polemonium Peak

Page Type Page Type: Album

September 2011

We got up around 3 am and headed towards Mt. Sill. We climbed the 4th class route up the north face and made it to the summit around 11 am. We then started to traverse across the crest between Mount sill and polemonium. I don't really know what we were thinking, but we climbed down to the Polemonium glacier then climbed up to Polemonium Peak. It probably would have been a lot easier and less of a pain to just stay on the crest. We made it to the summit around 3 pm then rappeled down to the U-Notch and then down the U-Notch. More than half the notch was exposed ice so down climbing would have been kind of tricky. I thought we did pretty good climbing two 14,000 foot peaks in one day...until I met a guy on the summit of Polemonium peak who was on his 5th peak of the day and getting ready to head over to Mt. Sill for his 6th. He Started at Mount Winchell, traversed to Thunderbolt Peak, then Starlight Peak, North Palisade, Polemonium Peak and then Sill. That's impressive.

External Links

Add External Links text here.



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.