Narrows Top-to-Bottom Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
RaymondShevsky

RaymondShevsky - Oct 19, 2014 3:18 pm Date Climbed: Oct 21, 2009

From Chamberlain Ranch  Sucess!

One of America's top hikes, surely. Had a heel blister start up after only a mile, so by the end I was hobbling, but still an incredible day.

royanderson

royanderson - Sep 7, 2014 6:06 am Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2014

Top to Bottom Day Hike

Great day hike that is well worth the time. Glad I rented a set of river shoes & socks and short stick that proved surprisingly more useful and fun to use than poles. Weather was perfect.

mike_lindacher

mike_lindacher - Nov 11, 2013 5:53 pm

brilliant day walk

so cool

ncst

ncst - Oct 27, 2009 1:00 pm Date Climbed: Oct 9, 2009

Unique hike  Sucess!

I'll remember this a one of my greatest hikes ever! Got the permit the day before, bought rubber sandals for 10 bucks, rented neoprene socks and arranged for a shuttle taxi. I could keep my boots for the first 2,5 hours crossing the river over rocks, the river wasn't that deep at the start. I started at 10.30am to reach my campsite #8 at 6pm, only saw a few people that day. Went chest-deep once on the second day with my backpack on my head as I didn't have a drypack. One of the highlights of my trip to the US!

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jan 20, 2008 9:40 pm Date Climbed: Jun 28, 2003

top to bottom  Sucess!

It was a fairly hot day, perhaps 100F in Springdale, but the water was a refreshing 55-60F. What a great trip -- the beauty was almost numbing after a while. I took only one swim, as I made it a badge of honor to try every way around deep water.

The most interesting part of the trip came the night before, when my friend Valentina(1) kicked a guy in the chest for turning down the thermostat in her motel room. Three years later I went down Orderville Canyon with a different Valentina.

tanya

tanya - Dec 24, 2007 12:47 pm Date Climbed: Aug 2, 2007

Zion Narrows  Sucess!

Still the best hike out there!

MattGreene - Dec 1, 2007 9:29 pm

Best hike ever?  Sucess!

The Narrows blew my mind. I'd never experienced anything like it before, and would go back in a second. It's truly a unique hiking experience.

Dan the Jones

Dan the Jones - Nov 1, 2006 6:35 pm Date Climbed: Nov 30, 2004

Wet and Cold  Sucess!

All of what Dustiano stated, plus we only got three hours of sleep the night before and a 22 minute cat nap after the ride with the germans.We also paced for the "record" of the narrows. A wonderful adventure thru and thru.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Narrows Top-to-Bottom' main page