Narrows Up-and-Back Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
pingzingr

pingzingr - Jun 30, 2011 4:32 am Date Climbed: Jun 29, 2011

2nd day of season  Sucess!

Completed Temple of Sinewava to Big Springs and return trip in just under ten hours. Water temp 58 degrees with a flow rate of 134 CFS (140 is the max the NPS will let people go up). The flow was pretty strong but quite fun! Def think the canyoneering boots, stick and drybags are must haves. I believe our party of three were the first to Big Springs since March due to closures and it being the second day it was open.

tanya

tanya - Dec 24, 2007 12:49 pm Date Climbed: Sep 29, 2007

yeah...  Sucess!

Numerous times..

JFields

JFields - Dec 27, 2006 10:51 pm Date Climbed: Sep 13, 2004

Must Do!!!  Sucess!

First time doing a caynon like this. Must do again.

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Dec 17, 2006 12:53 pm Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2003

Didn't Expect to be Here

My son Curtis and I were on our annual extended camping trip to visit all the U.S. national parks. Destinations are always kind of uncertain, with just a general idea of how far we'll ultimately drive (I'm retired and we stay gone until we get tired of being gone). In 2003 we'd planned to visit some of the Navajo places in northern Arizona and head out to Death Valley and maybe further West (we ultimately spent four weeks on the road that year). On the way we saw that it would be quite convenient to visit Zion Canyon. So we spent half a day hiking the Virgin River Trail. Very nice experience. Though I guess we were "tourists", we certainly went lots further up the trail then most; they didn't even go past where the water got deep. :-)

mark d.

Dan the Jones

Dan the Jones - Nov 2, 2006 8:38 pm Date Climbed: Nov 30, 2004

The end is near  Sucess!

After a full day of wearing a dry suit for this canyon, you could only guess that the end was near when Dustiano and I ran into tourists wearing shorts and Tevas.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Narrows Up-and-Back' main page