NE Arete

NE Arete

The route line follows up a ramp near the base of the North Arete. Follow ledges and corners to a left facing turet (4th). Then continue above to a steep gully that leads to an upper turet. Climb this turet (4th...some 5th) to its apex. Climb down 15 feet to a sandy left facing corner, by a clean granite block (false summit). Conitinue past the block and past one more "bump" on top of Hurd. Th southern most "Bump" is the summit. The summit register is a glass Folger's jar.
Dave Daly
on Jun 4, 2007 7:13 pm
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing
Image ID: 298767

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2

tomd - Sep 17, 2013 3:13 pm - Hasn't voted

North Rib on right

It looks like You can see the North Rib route of JedSMG on the right side of this pic.

NevadaJeff - Oct 28, 2016 10:52 pm - Hasn't voted

NE Face

Barry and I climbed this route in 2012. We hiked the ramp up and right, then used the easy ledge that angled upward to the left. Then, first pitch was 5.6 and angled upward to the right at first, then upward. Second pitch was 4th class up a corner. The red trace on the photo is close to the route we took (without seeing this photo first) - it is a fairly obvious route. Then it was fun scrambling 2nd and 3rd Class to the summit. We descended the east gulleys, which were chossy but not too bad, with some unexposed 3rd Class.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2