Nevado de Toluca 2012

Nevado de Toluca 2012

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Dec 15, 2012
Activities Activities: Hiking

Add Heading Here

Here the trip report for Nevado de Toluca that me and my friend Mohammad did in December 2012,as an acclimatization hike for our next climbs.
After having a noisy flight to Toronto and a long one to Mexico,we finally arrived at Mexico airport,took us a while to get our bags and to get out of Mexico Airport took us a while too.By 2 PM we had our car rom Hertz,we booked online for 2 weeks,the price was ok.Then we start our way to Toluca.
Took us 2 hours to get out from Mexico city.When we arrived in Toluca we found easy our holte,Hotel Rex,a very cheap place,350 pesos for a room for 2,but they don't have parking so we had to pay 50 pesos more to park our car in another place.After buying some groceries for our first climb and trying some mexican food,we went to bed with our mind and backpacks ready for morning.
Next day we got our from our hotel by 6.40 AM,and took our highway to Nevado de Toluca,with some incredible view of the volcano.Then entrance fee is 20 pesos.Arrived at trail at 4100m around 8 AM,got everything ready and started our hike.
Nevado de Toluca 2012

Nevado de Toluca 2012
Nevado de Toluca 2012
In few minutes we saw our destination,started to go down to first lake Laguna de Luna,and keep going down to second lake,Lagula del sol,and started our steep ascent to the ridge going to the summit,with amazing view of Popo and Izta.
View of La Malinche and Pico de Orizaba

Nevado de Toluca 2012
After few minutes we arrived at the summit ridge,and went right instead of going left at second bump,but we saw some climber going on the right way so we just start to follow them.The scramble part to the summit is very easy,maybe is class 1,nothing too difficult.
Nevado de Toluca 2012
Nevado de Toluca 2012
Nevado de Toluca ,summit shot 2012
We arrived at the summit of Nevado de Toluca(4680m) around 1 PM,took a big brake,lots of pictures,and around 2 PM started to go down on a soft,sliding trail going down to the lake Lagula del sol ,and then followed by a nice walk near the lake, Lagula del sol.We came at the car around 5 PM and less than 2 hours we were back in our hotel room.
Nevado de Toluca 2012


Here is also a video that I made about the climb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAcmzQq6zwI&list=UUNPpAOh2oABlLqndZ7fNftQ&index=2


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Maggotte - Aug 20, 2013 5:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice trip report

Nice trip report.
As you said the climb is not difficult.
Although Depending on the wether it might be a little bit trickier.
Be sure to aim a little bit on the left after the second bump as Alexandru said.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1