New

New "True" Badger Summit?

Looking W/NW from the hill marking the original true summit, at what might currently be the "new" highest point of Badger Mountain, in Benton County of Washington State. March 22, 2009 The original true summit was on the E/SE hill of the double-topped peak. That E/SE hill was shaved down and leveled to make room for communications towers. Because of the near-equal size of the neighboring W/NW hilltop, the highest point might have actually "moved" from one hilltop to another as a direct result of human activity. Rattlesnake Mountain can be seen in the background of this photo.
Redwic
on Mar 23, 2009 5:44 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 500440

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Dean

Dean - Mar 23, 2009 5:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Good shot

The route we used to take to the top of Badger was just beyond that structure/antenna on the right side of this pic. There was a very steep jeep road, which is still visible from the north side and it provided a steep ascent descent. Many like myself just aimed for the top, going through the brush although you had to keep your eyes open for rattlers. I haven't seen rattlers on Badger for a long time, which might be a good thing due to all the people that hike up there now.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1