Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Nov 17, 2006 2:25 am - Voted 10/10

Very interesting!

Thanks for posting this--very interesting and well written!

Comment, RE: "There is no red tape in Scandinavia." In Norway you are allowed to roam the land and put up your tent for a night or two in any spot that doesn't disturb people. The only rule is that you must be 150 meters from residences. We could learn from that here in the U.S.!

And a question: How long is the "world's longest undersea tunnel?"

Great page!

foweyman - Nov 17, 2006 11:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very interesting!

Thanks Saint Grizzly, for all your votes and comments, and for the reminder to look up the length of the tunnel. It is 7km long.

foweyman - Feb 28, 2007 12:09 am - Hasn't voted

More mountain than molehill

???The fact that Nordkapp is the high point of an elevated plateau, and has steep 1000 ft. cliff faces with a long history of ascents, easily qualifies it for the undefined and loosely interpreted category of "mountains and rocks" as used on SP. Others you should find questionable include Yosemite's world famous El Capitan which is a cliff not a peak. Also, the state highpoint of Delaware is a barely visable 1 foot rise in a flat field. I'm sure I could find other examples, but I care about this objection about as much as I care how you vote.

foweyman - Feb 28, 2007 11:45 am - Hasn't voted

Is the lutefisk good?

What city do you live in? I'm guessing I'd rather hike up to your restaurant than the state high point of Delaware.

foweyman - Feb 28, 2007 9:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Frognerseteren

I've eaten at a restaurant on that hill. Isn't Frognerseteren just outside the right edge of the photo? My cousin, also Erik S(Stensrud), who lives in Roa, took me there. Reindeer was served and their special apple cake w/cream for desert.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Nordkapp (North Cape)' main page