North Brother from the summit...

North Brother from the summit...

North Brother from the summit of the south one. Mountain seen (partially) in the background on the left is Mt. Constance.
rpc
on Aug 12, 2003 10:37 pm
Image ID: 25157

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
jhalz

jhalz - Aug 13, 2003 9:16 am - Voted 10/10

Great Shot

Radek,

Looks like you couldn't ask for a better day. Great shot.



Jason

rpc

rpc - Aug 13, 2003 11:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Shot

Thanks Jason.



Yeah, it's definitely NOT a given (as you well know) that one will have views when climbing in the Olympics. Definitely lucked out that day.

jhalz

jhalz - Aug 14, 2003 10:19 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Great Shot

Radek,

I'm hitting Broken Top this weekend, any beta would be most appreciated. Thanks.



Jason

rpc

rpc - Aug 14, 2003 11:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Shot

You shouldn't have any issues Jason. It's probably not worth bringing rope/harness. There's one section - the initial 10 foot step - when you get to the summit block. One easy move gets you over this but there is some exposure (on your left). Once over this move, traverse beneath the summit block (on its right), past the high point above until you're able to move up and left. You're basically taking a sloping ramp up and at some point the wall on your left becomes short enough that you can climb on top of it. From there cut back towards the summit. Downclimb the route. If I remember right, there's really no trustworthy-looking anchors anywhere to rap from anyway. Take your time and you shouldn't have any problems downclimbing it. If you do opt to bring rope/harnesses (don't think you should bring any pro) - you can belay each other on the way up/down that 10 foot step just to make sure that if you do peel, you won't fall very far.

Have fun and good luck!

Radek

jhalz

jhalz - Aug 14, 2003 11:31 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Great Shot

Radek,

Thanks for the beta.



Jason

Viewing: 1-5 of 5