DeanNice addition..

to the cohp pages of SP.
Posted Jul 20, 2006 8:40 pm

WoundedKneeNice page, but

WoundedKnee

the USGS list isn't completely accurate. They take the highest spot elevation in a county and consider that the high point, even though it may not actually be. For instance there are 36 candidates for the highest point in Edgecombe county (36 140' contours). You can check out http://www.cohp.org/nc/north_carolina.html for some more info.

I'm glad you posted this page, and the COHPs of NC is a list I'm working on now...

I do like this page, though
Posted Jul 25, 2006 4:23 pm

dwhikeRe: Nice page, but

dwhike

Thanks for the info, don't think I'll list all 36 for Edgecombe, or any other with more than 3 or 4, but I'll try to include a note and link for people to follow. Thanks for the input! -Dan
Posted Jul 25, 2006 11:54 pm

e-docCherokee correction

e-doc

excellent page. BTW Cherokee county has 2 HP, one at state line by the Cherohala Skyway, one on Fires Creek Rim.
Posted Sep 6, 2006 11:54 pm

dwhikeRe: Cherokee correction

dwhike

Thanks, I think I found the right spot and it has been added. Isn't it strange that a mountain county like Cherokee doesn't have a stand-alone high point?
Posted Sep 8, 2006 1:39 pm

e-docstrange

e-doc

I hear Cherokee county is a strange county
Posted Sep 9, 2006 4:47 am

dwhikeRe: strange

dwhike

I'm not even going to get started on that one... :)
Posted Sep 10, 2006 3:06 am

AndinistalocoI don't

Andinistaloco

consider myself much of a highpointer or county highpointer or whatnot, but got to appreciate the amount of work and effort you've put in here. Nicely done.
Posted Oct 26, 2007 5:56 pm

dwhikeRe: I don't

dwhike

Thanks, North Carolina is like a second home to me and I can't get enough of how varied the state is...it reflects in its county highpoints. I'm glad you like it! By the by your profile pic is hilarious:):) -Dan
Posted Oct 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Larry VNice job

Larry V

Having just created the Colorado County Highpoints list on SP, I have a new appreciation for all the work and good organization of your Michigan and NC pages. Nice job!
Posted Jul 23, 2009 11:38 pm

dwhikeRe: Noce job

dwhike

Thanks for the kind words...it IS a heck of a lot of work!! Just finished browsing your page and it's quite well done itself! Thanks for stopping by...it's nice to know someone is looking at these pages;) Regards, Dan
Posted Jul 30, 2009 1:57 pm