Viewing: 1-6 of 6
gimpilator

gimpilator - Oct 2, 2013 12:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Washington Weather

I enjoyed reading the first two reports from this trip. The whole time you were here I kept thinking "oh no, this is horrible". Every 5 or 10 years we have a summer which rains a lot. But for our highways to get washed out in the middle of summer is very unusual. That's a sign of how bad it was this year. And it's still bad! It's been raining like hell for days.

September is usually my favorite month to hike and it rained most of the time. I regret that the weather didn't cooperate for you because I think you could have had a better trip if it did, but I respect your ability to keep a good attitude all the same. Hopefully when you come back we can do a peak together.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Oct 2, 2013 5:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Washington Weather

Thanks Adam,
Glad you enjoyed these. Not much/if any beta to report so I tried to keep them simple and lighthearted.

No, the weather wasn't what anyone hopes for, but all things considered the trip worked out. I got to hike 6 out of 7 days and I had 3 bluebird days. And while it was very cloudy for 3 of our hikes, the scenery was still amazing, and most of the rain occurred when we weren't on the trail anyway.

Sorry to hear it has been such a bad year for you weather wise. Although, I don't think the PNW is alone there. Fortunately we had a good spring and summer in the Midwest - pretty uneventful here.

Thanks again for all your help on the planning, and it was good talking and keeping up with you during our trip. Another trip to the PNW will happen, I am quite sure. We'll see if it's next year or not? Happy Trails, Mark

mountainsandsound

mountainsandsound - Apr 1, 2014 7:49 am - Hasn't voted

NorthWet

Because I was born and raised in the NW, I take it for granted I can wait for the good weather windows. I forget how tough it is for people traveling from out of state. You seem to have had a good attitude though. On the bright side, the crap weather is good for the salmon and glaciers!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Apr 2, 2014 10:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: NorthWet

Like on any vacation, ya' just gotta deal the best you can with the weather you get! I am sure I'll be back to the PNW so I'll get another shot.

mvs

mvs - Apr 1, 2014 8:01 am - Hasn't voted

Saw some good stuff too

Culda been a lot worse! Beautiful photos. Love the PNW...

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Apr 2, 2014 10:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Saw some good stuff too

Despite less than stellar weather we still did see some amazing scenery. I really loved the area and will definitely be going back (unfortunately not this year)! Glad you liked the pics. Cloudy skies can make for some amazing scenery.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'North Cascades National Park: Sunshine on Cloudy Days' main page