North Ghost

North Ghost

What happens when you just get too cocky with your FJ. (Orient Point in the background) Was just down here 2 days prior on the same path (not really much roads) to the north ghost, and took the wrong turn into a ditch covered by this drift. A shovel and potential sleeping gear are a must in the Ghost. Tons of horror stories to go around including losing vehicles to the river. Beowulf, III, WI 4, North Ghost, March, 2007.
Dow Williams
on Apr 13, 2007 9:15 pm
Image Type(s): Ice Climbing
Image ID: 285007

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Apr 16, 2007 11:19 am - Voted 10/10

Nice car

Is that yours? I was looking at one of these last year, but ended up getting the CR-V 4WD instead. How do you like this for off road stuff?

Martin

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Apr 16, 2007 12:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice car

Hey Martin, I like it a lot. Switched from Landrovers (12 years) The most challenging 4 wheel we have to do to access routes is the north ghost, infamous stories abound. This was totally pilot error. Ran into a rock embankment. It was not the snow that killed it. Great clearance (3 skid plates in case), comes with real good 18" tires, of course I got the 6 speed on the floor, split rear differential if you need it...real easy and cheap interior so you don't worry about tearing it up. The A-Traction makes it crawl on ice, never driven anything so surefooted. Cheap too, $25k-30kUS. (add $1K for the NE Patriot license plate on front option)

Viewing: 1-2 of 2