Northeast Couloir Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
iamrougeux

iamrougeux - Jul 25, 2021 1:53 pm Date Climbed: Jul 22, 2021

NE Couloir a fun slog up a loose mountain.  Sucess!

Started at Mosquito Flat trrailhead. Made the summit in 6hrs and back to the car in just under 11hrs total. Great weather all day. Lots of rock fall from the melting glacier including a car size block that slide and exploded in the talus field! The sky bridge is the best part on solid rock. What a beautiful day in the mountains.

Darren9

Darren9 - Mar 8, 2012 9:51 pm Date Climbed: Mar 3, 2012

All that  Sucess!

Climbed with SMG. Snow was thin but accomodating for the most part. Found easy 3rd mixed snow and rock on the main route, and fun finish across the thin ridge to the summit. Its a long way in in the winter! Approximately 7 miles at least from the car to the summit. An incredibly scenic mountain, especially on the western side. View of Mills and Gabbot from there are inspiring.

WayneFry

WayneFry - Mar 7, 2012 12:56 am Date Climbed: Mar 3, 2012

NE Couloir  Sucess!

We started our trek from Rocky creek sno-park. Hiked in four miles to Mosquito flat, then another two miles to base camp (Mills lake). Hit the trail at 5am the next morning and summited Abbot by 1pm. Great climb with some steep sections and good scrambling near the top. Looking forward to coming back some day to take a shot at the Abbot direct route or Mills.

haishan

haishan - Oct 19, 2010 11:07 pm Date Climbed: Sep 26, 2010

not quite

Dayhike with deadline, had to bail from near the top of the couloir. Found great neve and hard AI over 3 good pitches. The loose class 3 descent on the right is hideous.

yaknjorgl

yaknjorgl - Sep 15, 2007 11:51 pm

nice day hike w/ the gear  Sucess!

did this a while ago, but great climb with the infamous gary guenther. crampons, knife edge, great setting ... took a while to find the right way up from the glacier and onto the ridge, picture of me on the beautiful cat walk still hangs on my wall.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Oct 12, 2006 11:18 pm Date Climbed: Sep 30, 2000

NE Couloir to Mt. Abbot  Sucess!

We came up from our camp at Mills Lake. Conditions were good on hard packed snow.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Northeast Couloir' main page