Notch Mountain & UN 13,248 Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Scott

Scott - Jan 16, 2006 12:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Here are a few winter notes/obseravtions that may be of use to this page.



1. The Tigiwon Road is a groomed snowmobile track in the winter. While this makes for faster hiking, be aware that instead of one track along the road, there are several groomed snowmobile tracks which can make navigation difficult. This is especially true on the return. Whatever you do, don't take the first right on the return trip, unless you wamt to backtrack with an extra two miles and 1000 feet elevation gain.



2. In winter, the route from Halfmoon Pass and the North Ridge is usually safe from avalanches, and is the recommended winter route. Under certain conditions, the slopes below Halfmoon Pass might slide, so use caution, but you can usually avoid all the danger by staying in the trees below the pass. The ridge itself is usually blown pretty clean of snow.

thebeave7

thebeave7 - Jul 5, 2007 10:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Use Trail from Halfmoon Pass

As of July 3rd there is a use trail that ascends around the East side of Notch Mt's North ridge, taking one all the way to the summit. It begins 10ft the West side of the pass and takes off through the brush. While it may disappear on occasion, the trail does continue all the way to the ridge and the summit.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Notch Mountain & UN 13,248' main page