Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 21.36077°N / 157.75044°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling

Getting There

Getting there was fairly easy, I simply rode the bus in from Honolulu, and got off at Auloa St. From there I turned left on the first road which is right after the beginning. The trail is off of that road.

Hiking It

At first it was a beautiful lush rainforest canopy. I was slightly frightened as there was supposedly a high number of wild boar in the area, and to make matters worse it was breeding season, plus I was alone and weaponless. Right after the beginning of the trail, there was an abandoned water pumping station which was neat. There was a tunnel in the far left corner of the partially buried building in back of the facility. There is two water tanks in which pose extreme hazard, as there is an opening at the top of each of them, and they both go far down with no ladder or other means of getting out! One of them was an amazing echo chamber, but had this horrid, black, motor oil like liquid of unknown depth. If you fell into any of these, you would not be getting out! Anyways, when nearing the first of the three peaks, things became technical with vertical rock faces, climbing upward using already provided ropes. The third and final peak looked amazing! It appeared as one of many things, including the tip of a knife. It was ropes the whole way up the third peak, and down the second. I would recommend this trail for a day hike, also for people who don't want to travel far for a rough and challenging hike. It is not out in the wild though, as a town is nearby, so don't be surprised of the city scene rather than the wild scene.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
LoneRanger

LoneRanger - Aug 6, 2010 12:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Interesting!

Interesting trip, how about adding some pictures and more details?

Viewing: 1-1 of 1