Classic Retro Cardigan

 

Classic Retro Cardigan
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Classic Retro Cardigan
Manufacturer Patagonia
Page By Derek Franzen
Page Type Jun 22, 2005 / Jan 24, 2007
Object ID 1357
Hits 4003
Vote
Where else can you find a jacket that goes up mountains, handles frigid desert nights, and accessorizes with jumper cables? Revel in the warmth of that time-honored, toasty workhorse: the Retro. Made from 78% PCR (post-consumer recycled) Synchilla polyester 1/2" pile, with a Capilene brushed-mesh liner that wicks moisture away from the skin. Relaxed fit.

How it fits:
Relaxed fit with Y-Joint sleeves for free flowing movement.

Details:
Chest pocket; Zippered handwarmer pockets
Y-Joint sleeves
1/2" pile (90% PCR, post-consumer recycled Synchilla/10% virgin)
Supplex nylon trim on collar and pocket
Capilene mesh liner
765 g. (27 oz.)
Imported

Cool to cold weather warmth in the thickest pile jacket we make.
Use it for:
Around Town
Outdoor Work
Base camp warm-up
Kicking Back

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Derek Franzen - Jun 22, 2005 7:41 pm - Voted 5/5

Retro X Cardigan
I've used three versions of this jacket for 28 years and I have found them warm, breathable, compressible and durable. They have few extra frills to add extra weight; a main zipper, a couple of handwarmer pockets and a chest pocket. In my opinion Patagonia's prices are steep but the products seem to last quite well.

The fleece (of this jacket) is the thickest of any I've found, but it is also quite breathable; in windy conditions you will need your parka. When worn under a parka this jacket is extremely warm. My earliest version of this jacket has the "fur" facing on the inside (my preference) the later versions have the fur facing outside, also the earliest version had just a chest pocket. This jacket has been with me on every trip to the mountains.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1