FSN 95

 

FSN 95
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title FSN 95
Manufacturer ASOLO
Page By challengehikes
Page Type Jul 8, 2005 / Jan 21, 2008
Object ID 1363
Hits 1156
Vote
Comfortable enough for day hiking yet supportive enough for backpacking, these give you the waterproof, breathable protection of Gore-Tex® liners. Uppers feature water-resistant suede leather for support and durability, plus Cordura® nylon for reduced weight and enhanced breathability. Air-injected polyurethane midsoles sit atop Asogrip(TM) rubber outsoles for sure-footed stability and cushioning. Asoflex(R) thermoplastic insoles provide torsional stability and control while protecting against impact and bruises on rocks and uneven terrain. Reinforced toe boxes and heel counters enhance durability.


As always, when you buy these boots, make sure to get them large enough that you can let your feet swell a little on hikes.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-5 of 5

challengehikes - Jul 8, 2005 9:31 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
These boots have kept my feet dry and do not get hot. Have used them for hiking fourteeners and also for fast hikes up lesser slopes. Traction is excellent and after a year and close to a hundred miles they still look great. They feel lightweight and are very comfortable.


I would recommend these for most day hikes and short trips. Used them for a two-fourteener weekend and they stay comfortable.

rasgoat - Jan 27, 2007 2:30 pm - Voted 5/5

Great boots
I have used these boots, beat them up, and they come back for more.

The midsoles are very noticable and work wonders on steep terrain or while carrying a heavy pack.

For such a low weight, these boots are very supportive.

They have remained dry in full wet conditions for thier entire life, including a resole.

My only complaint is the Asogrip outsoles. While lightweight, I felt the rubber was not as sticky as some Vibram soles and wore down way too fast. This would not stop me from buying another pair though.

Vibram would be a good improvement.

skagitteam - Feb 4, 2007 2:37 am - Voted 5/5

Fit issues
Very happy with these, but be warned that they can be a bit narrow in the toe if you get the normal width. Otherwise I have no complaints.

Flanders - Mar 9, 2007 9:46 pm - Voted 3/5

Disappointed and Returned Them
Good
Was impressed with the arch support and feet were always comfortable in them.

Bad
When conditions were wet the boots had no grip. Slipped multiple times on wet granite and mud, including a slide off Mt. Monroe with both feet flat against the rock.

The stitching let loose around the toe box with less than 100 miles on them.

Returned the boots to REI and got a full refund.

myjudge - Oct 30, 2010 12:24 am - Hasn't voted

I like them...with one problem
First Asolo boot. Wore them all the time, lots of climbs and just around town. No break-in, no blisters, descent support. Great boot, but rubber goes bald rather quickly for a boot this price. Vibrams would last longer. bought a new pair of Asolos and same problem.
Water-proofing fades over time even with aftermarket applications. Plus the sweat issue from Gore-tex.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5