mountain shirt

 

mountain shirt
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title mountain shirt
Manufacturer BuffaloSystems.co.uk
Page By ManofG
Page Type Jun 7, 2011 / Jun 7, 2011
Object ID 7652
Hits 473
Vote

Special 6 - mountain shirt

This is a multi purpose mountain shirt, suitable for climbing and scrambling in the PNW. The design uses a pertex & pile concept which provides a windproof,and warmth layer.

Some of the design features include:
Breathable, pertex 6 shell material, resists wind, snow & rain.
Integral aquatherm pile lining retains body heat.
Adjustable velcro cuffs and waist hem.
Hand & Map pockets with zip closures.
Side ventilation zips with storm baffles.

The brand has been going since the 1970's in Europe. The clothing is hand made in Sheffield, UK - Near the land of 100's of good short, powerhouse climbing routes along 'Stanage Edge' Derbyshire. No sweatshop production.

A bit of info about Pertex®...
Pertex disperses moisture very rapidly along its fibres by using a myriad of capillaries in order to speed up the rate of evaporation. Highly windproof, highly breathable and highly water repellent. Pertex 6 is abrasion resistant which will reduce the wear and tear of the shirt whilst being rubbed against rock!

I purchased mine through the US distributor NWAdventureTrading.com for $200. Saving on shipping and no exchange rates hassles to deal with. There are other items of clothing available in the range, suitable for runners, skiers, canoeists and trail hikers.

It's cool for the planet that the catalogue can be downloaded, saving paper.

Has anyone else heard of the brand or tried out any of their other products?


Features

Add Features text here.

Images

Reviews

No reviews written yet.