The OR Peruvian hat is made from Windstopper® Fleece and has generous ear flaps. The chin cord adjusts with a cordlock to avoid the effort of tying strings in a cold wind with gloves on. The cord allows the ear flaps to be held in place on top of the head when not needed for ear warmth.
Windstopper® Fleece from W.L. Gore, prevents almost all evaporative and convective heat loss because it is absolutely windproof, very water resistant and yet extremely breathable. It is created by laminating a Teflon® membrane, very similar to the membrane used in Gore-Tex™, between two layers of fleece. The result is an extremely lightweight, comfortable fleece that provides an amazing amount of warmth. And, because the vapor permeability is extremely high, the fleece remains comfortable throughout a wide range of conditions and levels of activity.
- Vapor permeable, windproof, lightweight and warm.
- 3 dimensional design.
- Earband covers the ears completely for protection from the wind.
- Lycra® spandex trim cups the edge to create a snug seal.
- Can be flipped up for ventilation.
- All seams are very low profile to reduce pressure on the head.
- Made in USA.
Windstopper(tm) Headwear Fit Info
Small - fits head circumference 22 in. and smaller.
Medium - fits head circumference 22 in.-23 in.
Large - fits head circumference 23 in. and larger