Paklenica Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 34 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Lots of work on this well done page about two canyons in Zadar Velebit: Veliki Paklenical and Mala Paklenica These canyons heighten the relief of the mountains display tall crags, interesting forests and birds of prey. We also get an aeriel view of a hiking hut which has been been viewed before from the front yard.
Posted Jan 15, 2004 4:31 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thank You Mark! It took me some 3 weeks to write this. After Velebit page this was biggest work so far. But it couldn't be less. I don't know but lately I'm beginning to get scared little bit that someone will steal my text before I even make first contacts with publishers. Maybe I'm crazy to put all this information on internet for free and available for anyone to take it. I was even thinking to remove everything before I find out if anyone is interested in book. But there is still lot of work to do so it won’t happen tomorrow. I haven’t even touched mid Velebit yet. I like to share and put info on SP but this is bugging me. Perhaps it would be good to contact copyright agency and protect it. Danger is not great but it exists. I’m not afraid about photos because they are too small to do anything with them. What do you think?
Posted Jan 16, 2004 8:14 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

There certainly is a lot of work here, so I suppose it would not hurt to look into such technicalities. It is very nice having it on SP. Before looking at SP,I knew that the east side of the Adriatic had some mountains but had no idea as to their form, extent or distribution, geology nothing of vegatation, fauna, climate, Bura (is this from Greek Borealis = north?) etc.
Posted Jan 16, 2004 9:53 am

wuedesauUntitled Comment

wuedesau

Great work, wonderful pictures!
Posted Jan 16, 2004 1:40 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thank You Klaus!!
Posted Jan 16, 2004 8:00 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Wonderful page! What a great work!

Yes, Sasa, start looking for a company and copyright for your book. I don't have any experience here, but wish you good luck! And don't wait until everything is perfect. There will be the second and third edition etc.
Posted Jan 16, 2004 10:06 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thank You Vid!! You are right, I'm intensively thinking lately about making first contacts with publishers. I guess you read my reply to Marks (desainme) comment. As I add more info more I'm afraid that someone will stumble upon it and steal it. In coming months I'll work extensively and cover the rest of Velebit so that book can be complete.
Posted Jan 16, 2004 1:20 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

Wow ... thanks for adding Paklenica to SP. You're right, it's THE place for climbing in Croatia and among the best places for climbing in europe. Excellent work !
Posted Jan 16, 2004 10:37 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thank You kletterwebbi, very much!! Have you climbed in Paklenica? If yes which routes and of what difficulty? Did you try Anica Kuk? I'm curious :-)
Posted Jan 16, 2004 1:23 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

I never visited that area by myself, but it's on my list for a long time. Many of my friends have visited Paklenica and all of them where very enthusiastic. In the german climbing magazine "Klettern" there was an article about the Anica Kuk ... one more provocation to visit this great area.

We've planned a visit for this spring but a friend of me (also a climber) will get married in spain and so we have to visit spain instead ...

Cheers,

Kletterwebbi
Posted Jan 19, 2004 9:00 am

ArbajramUntitled Comment

Arbajram

I've heard some Bosnians talking about Paklenica. After seeing these pictures I might come there :)
Posted Jan 17, 2004 4:16 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Armin! If you want you can notify me and we can meet, if and when you decide to come.
Posted Jan 17, 2004 8:19 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Awsome! How long does it take you to compose such a page?
Posted Jan 17, 2004 11:45 am

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Splendid! Another page worthy a chapter in a book.
Posted Jan 19, 2004 12:34 am

ppatenallUntitled Comment

ppatenall

This page has such a wealth of useful information, and great photos. Tremedous.
Posted Jan 19, 2004 7:24 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Philip, thank You very much for the kind words, much appreciated!!
Posted Jan 19, 2004 9:01 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks om for stopping by and good opinion about the page!
Posted Feb 13, 2004 5:24 pm

pavlakovicsUntitled Comment

pavlakovics

I visited the page before (and even posted some photos), but forgot to rate it. I hope it's not to late and that rating can be corrected to 10 stars when SP admins expand star rating to properly reward such outstanding works as yours.
Posted Mar 12, 2004 11:11 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Sven, very much!!!
Posted Mar 12, 2004 4:56 pm