Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Dec 7, 2013 7:12 pm - Hasn't voted

What happened???

There was already a page for this range on SP? Did you adopt this?

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Dec 7, 2013 8:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What happened???

Matt, this was one of my 17 vanished pages.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Apr 27, 2017 1:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Just an idea...

There's already a lot of good information on this page. However, it would be really nice to see a table on this page with all the peaks over 300p or perhaps every officially named summit. I know that's a lot of work, but it's a nice way to display what is out there. Thanks for restoring one of the mysterious lost pages.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 28, 2017 11:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Just an idea...

The prominence thing doesn't interest me at all, so I won't do that suggestion, but I like the idea of a table listing the named peaks. I'd probably arrange it north-south and include elevation and the rating for the easiest route to the summit.

Thanks for the suggestions.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Apr 29, 2017 1:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Just an idea...

Yeah, the prominence religion is not the main thing, but I understand that in CA you officially require 300' to qualify as a peak, while here in WA it takes 400'. Let me know if you want help with the table.

panamintjack - Nov 13, 2017 4:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Obscure trails of the Panamints

My close friend Jack recently passed away from age and cancer. He introduced me to the Panamint and Argus ranges. We hiked many very obscure trails that i would like to share. Most go to old mines or mining camps.We gave these trails names like "good bye Charlie" and "rope a dope"or"Tram trail" or "crossover trail". Most are easily hiked with some caution. Not sure how to post these but I would like to share them so other hearty explorers can experience them. I am 65 and have been in the Panamints 30+ years. Any interest?

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Obscure trails of the Panamints

This sounds interesting, and I'm sure people would find this information interesting and useful.

If you think there is enough to say about these individual trails to create route pages for them, I'd be happy to help steer you through that process. Otherwise, you could write about them all as a trip report or article, or you can provide me information to let me make a section about them on this page.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Panamint Range' main page