Paris Mountain -- Brissy Ridge to Fire Tower

Paris Mountain -- Brissy Ridge to Fire Tower

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 34.94434°N / 82.39018°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jan 14, 2012
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

The Trails

A friend of mine, along with his two dogs, Sammy and ? (my memory is failing me) went to Paris Mountain in the Upstate of South Carolina for a morning hike. We used some of the upper trails starting at and returning to the Brissy Ridge trail. The GPX file is attached, and I forgot to start it until about 5-10 minutes into the hike; which is why there is a different start/finish location.
View from the TrailView from along the trail.
The trial starts off with some good views as the trailhead is higher up on the mountain. We used five total trails: Brissy Ridge to Pipsissewa to North Lake to Kanuga to Fire Tower (one way and back) to Sulpher Springs and back to Brissy Ridge. The total distance and stats are listed below.
Sammy in the ResevoirSammy in North Lake aka Reservoir 3

The Hike

The hike is fairly flat along wide trails and only have some uphill climbing. It was cold in the morning and we saw some ice crystals formed on the dirt (nothing like patches that would cause any concern).
Another view along the TrailAnother view along the trail.


There were a few hikers and joggers on the trail but on Saturdays no mountain bikers are allowed. There were also some pretty neat patches of moss covering the ground next to the trail.
Moss on the TrailMoss on the trail.


Later on in the hike you get a chance to go up to the old Fire Tower house. It is mainly the foundation and I think two chimneys that still remain, along with a plaque telling you a bit about what used to be there.
Fire Tower HouseThe remains of the Fire Tower house


From the Fire Tower trail you return to the Brissy Ridge trail via the Sulpher Springs trial.

All in all it is a good very moderate hike for the morning, it took a little over two hours.

Lake View from AboveA view from the lake on the trail above

Stats from the Hike

Name: Paris Mountiain -brissy etc
Date: Jan 14, 2012 9:23 am
Map:
(valid until Jul 12, 2012) View on Map
Distance: 5.64 miles
Elapsed Time: 2:13:31
Avg Speed: 2.5 mph
Max Speed: 8.1 mph
Avg Pace: 23' 42" per mile
Min Altitude: 1,147 ft
Max Altitude: 1,777 ft
Start Time: 2012-01-14T14:23:16Z
Start Location:
Latitude: 34.944343º N
Longitude: 82.390184º W
End Location:
Latitude: 34.940966º N
Longitude: 82.392085º W

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.