PASSING THROUG THE VALLEY OF POSHT PAR

PASSING THROUG THE VALLEY OF POSHT PAR

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Dec 31, 2006
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

Thanks to Mr Baqerpour


Last winter(2006) I had a trip to Bushehr Province.It was a great 7 day trip with a good fiend of mine to visit our friends in Bushehr.
We spent one day of our trip to explore Valley of Poshtpar.Its a beautiful Valley which has great nature,nice mountains,beautiful walls and historical places(belong to 2500 to 1400 years ago) all together.
From my first day in SP I was thinking about writing about it but I didnt know how to start.
The following is the trip report of Poshtpar written by Mr Khodarahim Baqerpour published in Mountain Magazine(number 47) which I think is Better than Whatever I might be able to write about this.
I have seen all the places and walked arround on my own and have the same feeling about Poshtpar with Mr Baqerpour.
Photos are mine and hope This combination will some day be useful for someone visiting Iran.Someone loving both Nature and History.

Introduction


The lush and beautiful valley of Posht-Par is located near the city of Borazjan(Aka Dashtestan),in Bushehr Province,southwest of Iran.
The village of Poshtpar is between the two cities of Sarmashad and Tange-Eram. The fertility of the land and the availability of water have turned this mountainous village into an idyllic place to visit.
Qashqai nomads have also moved into this region over the past 20 years and built settlements.It seems that this forgotten land is seeing human life again after more than 1400 years since the demise of the Sassanid.
The valley is surrounded by majestic mountains.It is cold in winter and mild in the summer.In winter and spring the valley is covered in flowers and herbs, ideal for pastoral nomads.

Gur-Dokhtar

Gur-Dokhtar tomb



In the middle of the valley the stone monument of Gur-Dokhtar makes a show. Its a monument much like the tomb of cyrus the great(d. 530 BC)in pasargadae and belongs to the same historical period(Achaemenid). It is said to be the tomb of Chishpesh an ancestor of cyrus the great.

Kushke Ardeshir

Kushke Ardeshir



To the east of Gur-Dokhtar,the remains of a palace that belonged to Ardeshir,the sassanid king can be traced. Here,one can also detect the remains of a fire temple. Both of these monuments are in the plain of Boz-par,at the foot of the mountain to the west of an area called Takht-e Ab-e Shirin,and not so far from Gur-Dokhtar and the hills of Shoghali and Khandaqi.

Even more Monuments

The Prison



There is yet another temple at the foot of the western peak of the plain of Boz-par ,1500 meters east of Gur-Dokhtar.But little remains of this structure.It is known among the natives as the PRISON. Another archeological find in this region is called Tange-Khazaneh. A grotto that people of the area believe housed the royal treasure. The opening of this grotto is 75cm in radius and it was covered with molten lead. Today only the outlines of it remain. To the west of Gur-Dokhtar, we can find the remains of a building known as Takhte-Zahhak.

Getting there


There are two ways to reach this beautiful and historic valley.The first one starts from the city of Borazjan and travels 24km to the city of dalaki. From Dalaki, visitors must take the Tang-e Eram road, after which they must go twards Dehrud. From Dehrud a dirt road will take visitors east twards Boz-e par. The villages of Aqa mirahmad and Kaftar are along the way. A difficult pass awaits the visitors once Kaftar is cleared.
The second route starts in Kazerun(in Fars province) to Gordeh Jareh and from there to the village of Gareh, after which the dirt road is mountainous but not difficult.


The River


The river in the valley is so virgin that you can sometimes count more than 3 or 4 hundred fish moving in groups.Its amazing watching them.also there is alot to see and know about the Qashqai nomads living in posht par.You might even be able to taste some of their natural products if you are lucky!fresh Milk,Cheese,Butter,Oil,Bread,Dough,etc.




Comments

No comments posted yet.