Peaks C and C-Prime tower...

Peaks C and C-Prime tower...

Peaks C and C-Prime tower above the waterfall that drains the tarn-filled basin. June 19, 2004.
The Southwest Couloir can be glimpsed running between the two peaks.
Nelson
on Jun 27, 2004 11:32 pm
Image ID: 58449

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Nelson

Nelson - Aug 6, 2004 8:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

You are quite welcome. Glad you like the shot. And, if I haven't mentioned it before, it was your Peak C page on SP that was the inspiration for this trip. SP at its best!

Nelson

Nelson - Aug 6, 2004 2:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Thanks for the offer! I would love to join you guys, but unless there is a last minute change I'll be sitting on a plane bound for a Singapore business trip. I'll spend the next month no higher than a couple hundred feet above sea level, depending upon what floor they put me on in the hotel. Kane and I were planning a 2-night WIld Basin trip the weekend after that. It looks like I'll have to scrub that one too.



Have a great climb if you get out here. We'll get together some other time.

Foxy Long Bottoms

Foxy Long Bottoms - May 24, 2005 1:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Falls

Does that waterfall freeze up? Beautiful pic.

Nelson

Nelson - May 24, 2005 7:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Falls

Thanks. Don't know the answer to your question. Interestingly, the falls and stream do not even show up on the USGS quad, so perhaps it slows to just a trickle by fall? Maybe some of the more knowledgeable Gore-ophiles on the Rockies message board would know.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4