Peaks Of Baltistan(peaceful area of Pakistan)

Peaks Of Baltistan(peaceful area of Pakistan)

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Ice Climbing

K-2 GODWIN AUSTIN

K2

K2 is located on the border of Pakistan and China. Being the second highest mountain in the world, it is thought by many climbers to be the ultimate climbing challenge. The giant Pyramid Peak towers in isolation 12,000 feet above the wide Concordia glacial field at the head of the Baltoro Glacier. The sheer icy summit is flanked by six equally steep ridges. Each of its faces presents a maze of precipices and overhangs. K2 was long considered to be impossible to climb. Attempts in 1902, 1909, 1934, 1938, 1939 and 1953 had all but failed.
www.mashabrum.com

Bondit Peak

Bondit Peak

This is the shortest possible trek in the area to see central Karakoram mountains including K-2, the second highest in the world. Bondit Peak around 7000 meters has less traveled and still lesser known trek in the vicinity of Kanday village. A seven hours jeep drive take you to the Kanday village from Skardu. The trek begins from the village for two days ascend through the summer settlements to the base camp Bondit Peak and will descend down to Kanday village in two days for return road journey to Skardu.www.mashabrum.com





Gasherbrum-I & II

G-I & G-II

Hidden Peak as translated by the natives means "Shining Wall". Among the six Gasherburn Peaks in the Karakoram range Gasherbrum I is the highest. The Americans were the first to reach its the Autumn of 1958. It was first climbed by A. Kaufman and P. Schoening in 1958. Although the French had made an attempt as early as 1956, Hidden Peak was also the first eight thousand meter peak to be climbed in Alpine style. These days there are more than six different routes on Gasherbrun I with as many variations providing the able mountaineer with opportunities galore. The trek to the Base Camp starts at Skardu town through Shigar valley across the Baltoro glacier

Gasherbum II lies at the head of the Baltoro Glacier amongst the greatest concentration of high mountains in the world. It was first climbed by S. Larche, F.Moravee and H. Willenpart in 1956. This shining mountain is generally considered the easiest of the eight thousand meter peaks. The Austrians were the first to make its summit back in 1956. All the existing five routes to the peak begin in the Gasherbum Valley. The Base Camp lies at the junction between the stunning South Gasherbum and Abruzzi glaciers. The mountain itself is pyramid-shaped and is as beautiful as they come. Our approach to the Base Camp is via Skardu town and a week’s trek on the Baltoro glacier. Enjoy your Trip with Nanga Parbat Adventure.
www.mashabrum.pk

Broad Peak

Broad Peak

Broad Peak is one of the huge mountains which towers above Concordia at the heart of the Karakoram range. It lies on the Pakistani/Chinese frontier between K2 and the Gasherbrum peaks and was first climbed by an Austrian group in 1957, which included Kurt Diemberger and Herman Buhl.

Expeditions to Broad Peak start with a spectacular trek to base camp passing some of the most breath taking scenery in the Karakoram. The climb itself is more challenging than nearby Gasherbrum II. We climb the peak by the 'classic' West Ridge route that rises directly above base camp on the Godwin Austen glacier. The route follows a 30-45 degree snow slope with short rock sections. Three or Four camps will be placed and ropes will be fixed on the steeper sections of the climb. It is an excellent and exciting challenge for a mid-level as well as a senior level mountaineer.
www.mashabrum.pk

Comments

No comments posted yet.