Viewing: 1-3 of 3
EastKing

EastKing - May 2, 2011 7:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I gave this page a bad score...

Redwic,

Route pages do a great job complementing front pages. You have written a number of route pages for my main pages and I done the same for you. I readily encourage you or anyone else to write a route page on any of my 140+ mountains, provided that you have made the climb up to the summit via that route and that the information is more (as I did with Philadelphia) than what is on the main page. Your main page was a great overview to Philadelphia Mountain which is the reason why I voted it so highly.

However I was very impressed with the route up the mountain so I decided that the route up to the summit of Philadelphia Mountain deserved more than a paragraph of information. I honestly did not think your one paragraph truly captured the detail need for this route. I wouldn’t expect your or any main page to do that because the mountain page is just a page for general information whereas a route page will actually give the user a detailed description of what to expect on a climb. That is specifically why Summitpost has the feature for route pages.

A trip report is more of personal experience and showed be written if the user is actually trying to entertain members. I am not doing that with this page. Someone will be putting that trip report in the future. My page is to provide a detailed description of the route so that another user can truely see the route.

I honestly hope you decide to change your vote and reattach the route page onto your Philadelphia. In the future I also hope you PM me your concerns before making any rash voting decisions. I am a very active member on Summitpost and will respond very quickly to any concerns in a proper and responsible manner.

-EK

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - May 2, 2011 10:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I gave this page a bad score...

I gotta agree with Eastking on this one. I was a little suspicious at first, but took a better look at both the mountain page and the route page which the mountain page has some what limited (but just enough) information for the route. Redwic if you had put in a few paragraphs or so of info I would understand. Greg I think you did a nice job on the page, plus more photos should be coming soon. SP is about info, and with that in mind if a route page proves quite a bit more detail than the mountain page its fair game in my opinion.
Cheers Josh Lewis

Redwic

Redwic - May 2, 2011 10:39 pm - Hasn't voted

I respectfully disagree.

While I respect and appreciate your statements, and I am glad you enjoyed the route that I had already described on the main page and which you followed as a template, the main Philadelphia Mountain page provides enough of an overview for the standard approach. In addition, I had originally attached multiple photos from various stages of the standard route when the main page was first created.

However, I did like your inclusion of a map and added that to the main page as both a compromise and for aesthetics. Also, your statements have prompted me to think it would be a good idea for me to show my original attached photos of the standard route to the route description that I already had listed on the main page, as a visual aid for future users.

Please understand that this was not a "rash voting decision" on my part, as I believe I handled the situation properly as the owner & administrator of the main Philadelphia Mountain page. If you believed my route description was not good enough for future users, you could have forwarded me a PM, or placed a comment on the main page, expressing those ideas and I would have made changes (if necessary) to the main page and given you public credit for that. My original vote stands, and your Route page is going to be detached from the main page.

UPDATE (5/5/11): I have decided to remove my original vote, so as not to punish the effort put forth in creating the page, but the page still will not be included on the main page as a Route page.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Philadelphia Mountain via the Lake Serene Trail' main page