Aconcagua 2008 Expedition - Any Interest?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
zenalpinist

by zenalpinist » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:13 am

Brad Marshall wrote:The schedule would put us at Plaza Argentina December 25-27th. If you're going there with a large group from CSU please don't break the bridge again outside of Pampa Lenas. I heard it was a large group from CSU that broke it in 2006. :lol: :lol:

Oh god! Has the word really gotten around then? Yeah, it was Pat's group from CSU that took out the bridge. But it was completely accidental. And Pat felt horrified. He felt he should have seen it coming when he lined up the students for a photo. And then they got dunked big time.

Not our fault honestly. But I'm sure we'll take extra care not to trash it again.

We won't be up there until a bit later. We'll actually be coming into Plaza de Guanacos on Dec. 31st and will be descending into Plaza de Mulas on Jan 11th. Maybe we'll see you up there.

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:34 am

zenalpinist wrote:
Brad Marshall wrote:The schedule would put us at Plaza Argentina December 25-27th. If you're going there with a large group from CSU please don't break the bridge again outside of Pampa Lenas. I heard it was a large group from CSU that broke it in 2006. :lol: :lol:

Oh god! Has the word really gotten around then?

I got the info from the Climbing for Christ group. They had it on good authority! :wink:

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 pm

UPDATE

So far interest in this climb has been very high. Six climbers have already submitted deposits but unfortunately one had to withdraw leaving three spots still available on a first come-first served basis.

Several climbers are interested in joining but lack partners. If you are in the same position please contact me and, with your permission, I'll provide your contact information to these climbers in the hope that people can hook up.

All transportation, hotels and services have been reserved with highly reputable firms.

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 am

UPDATE

Just bumping this up as there are still a couple of spots open on the expedition and final payments are due September 15th. If you're interested in joining you can download a 6-page information package from my web site www.adventureclimbing.ca. If you have any questions feel free to email me at admin@adventureclimbing.ca.

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:53 am

Hi Everyone.

The expedition is now full. Thanks for the interest everyone has shown and I hope to meet some of our fellow SPers while on the mountain.

Safe climbing everyone.

Brad

Haliku

by Haliku » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:09 am

Brad Marshall wrote:Hi Everyone.

The expedition is now full. Thanks for the interest everyone has shown and I hope to meet some of our fellow SPers while on the mountain.

Safe climbing everyone.

Out of curiosity (and envy) what SPer's are on your trip? Cheers!

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:31 pm

Divnamite, Renardo, mtwhitney and etower.

Out of curiosity who else from SP will be down there this year?

windbreaker

by windbreaker » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:58 am

Brad Marshall wrote:Divnamite, Renardo, mtwhitney and etower.

Out of curiosity who else from SP will be down there this year?

I,ll be there January 7 to climb Ameghino. I tried in 2006 but got blown out at about 18000. I climbed Aconcagua in 2005. Much fun.

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 am

Hi windbreaker.

We should becoming out about the same time you're heading in. Good luck with Ameghino this year. I hope you have better weather. I know it's usually pretty winding and cold going through the Col.

zenalpinist

by zenalpinist » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:11 pm

I'm sure Brad will be fine; we're heading down there in 2 days and hope to say hi as we pass him by on the mountain.

Previous

Return to South America