Mt. Baldy Summit: Nexus of Outer-Space Sex Cults?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
graham

Re: Mt. Baldy Summit: Nexus of Outer-Space Sex Cults?

by graham » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Cool Mt Baldy history.

…. George King then transferred this newfound Ionic Energy straight into Baldy's summit, which today still throbs with Pure Ionic Energy!......
This probably explains why a Coke Cola fizzes so much when quickly opened on top of ol’ Baldy :D

alleyehave

by alleyehave » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:13 pm

Is there an official application process I can read into? :D

johnm

by johnm » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:34 pm

you asked...

The Aetherius Society Membership

http://www.aetherius.org/index.cfm?app=content&SectionID=42&PageID=19

oh and on the qt the next pilgrimage is May 16, 2009 8)

cp0915

by cp0915 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:39 am

That's good stuff!

alleyehave

by alleyehave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:25 am

johnm wrote:you asked...

The Aetherius Society Membership

http://www.aetherius.org/index.cfm?app=content&SectionID=42&PageID=19

oh and on the qt the next pilgrimage is May 16, 2009 8)

Who will join me in a dayhike completely dressed like an alien to the summit on that day?????

alleyehave

by alleyehave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:27 am

Dingus Milktoast wrote:Steve1215.....?

THANKS FOR THAT DUDE.

Awesome writing, awesome tale.

I visited Baldy on a business trip just a year and a half ago, or so. Now I get around California mind you - that was my 3rd to last county summit and I do a fair piece of climbing otherwise.

I'd been up Grayback and Jacinto, up in the Santa Rosas (I fell in love... with Santa Rosa....seriously), the Santa Anas, blah blah blah.

I guess Idlywild sorta prepared me for it and yet didn't. To an 'insider' perhaps it just isn't an issue, but everything about my simple hike up San Antonio struck me as memorable.

First the approach from suburban SoCal neighborhood to tranverse range south facing slope to that village... time. That was it, I got this altered sense of TIME the entire, um, time I was up there.

Very much like the old washed up Hollywood Actress archetype character role - a faded beauty, left behind in time, old and kinda forgotten. Just a firm sense mostly absent from elsewhere in our Boomtown west - time of place.

The hike itself, past the falls (entirely unexpected for me, the hike was a series of continual delights). The hut - again that sense of time, of a different era, like stepping back.

The summit had all sorts of kooky fuckers lurking about too hehe. (I was one of them - and they all moved away from me there on the summit....)

Then that old vid popped up on the internet with those dudes horsing around at the Falls and Shenk is all 'that's Billy Bob and that's Martha Jane' etc - again, that sense of an altered time.

I didn't understand it. Now I do. A deep charge of ions crowning the summit of baldy, much like male pattern baldness actually, affects time and alters reality. Its all so very clear to me now.

I had a pretty couple of days in Pasadena about a month ago - right after one of the storms really plastered the Tranverse ranges. Bring a tear to your eye eh? Seeing that on a crystal clear day from the heart of the cold cold city?

Or seeing Rainier THERE, from Seattle, during the odd break in the endless drizzle. OMG!

Time and summit sex. I do so GET IT now!

DMT

Your rant made me feel stoned out of my mind.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:29 pm

I haven't been to Baldy, but to another sacred nexus in NH:
http://www.rebeccaonion.com/clips_p_legends.htm

graham

by graham » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Steve1215 wrote:…. All SoCal mountain people have good Baldy stories to tell--so tell 'em!...
Drat I feel gipped out. I’ve been up Baldy probably a couple hundred times over the last ~40 years and I ain’t got any oggy boogy Baldy stories to tell. :? May be the The Aetherians have repressed my memory :)

The only weird thing I’ve experience on Baldy is there is almost no cell phone reception even though you have a direct line of sight to Mt Wilson, Sunset Pk, Pomona Valley, Cajon Pass, Edwards Air Force Base, etc. That mile wide space ship must be blocking cell service.

graham

by graham » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:51 pm

I wonder if the Aetherians' are using Mt Harwood as relay station :)

rhyang

by rhyang » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Sick, perverted and disgusting .. where do I sign up ?? :lol:

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:04 pm

One time, on Mt. Baldy, right after a snowstorm, in good ol' LA rush hour traffic, it took me 2 hours to get to the 210.

Norma R

by Norma R » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:38 pm

whoa! maybe this was not a camera malfunction on Mt. Baldy? maybe we are from some cult and our memories have been erased?... scary dude!
http://picasaweb.google.com/ryan.norma8 ... 0493412482

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Dingus Milktoast wrote:So Steve.... if they don't recruit how does a bloke JOIN one of these elusive sex cults?

Do you like hide out on the summit plateau and just jump in the fray, once, um, joined?

DMT

Line forms at the rear? :shock:

graham

by graham » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:18 am

bump for today's Aetherians gathering ......

Damn Graham ...you ol’ dog. It looks like you called it on the Aetherians' using the Harwood GPS
graham wrote:I wonder if the Aetherians' are using Mt Harwood as a relay station :)

Check out this photo taken from Thunder Mt today (view full size) and you can see the gathering up on Mt Harwood -- not Mt Baldy :!:
Aetherians' on Mt Harwood

I just happen to be hiking the Big Baldy Loop today (yeah that’s it ….just hiking :wink: …honest :D ) and noticed all the Aetherians' heading up to Mt Harwood for some World Peace Crusade. Probably a couple hundred of them up there today. All real friendly. I think the hike up the Devil's Backbone trail made them too tried to check out my juicy brain :D

Next

Return to California