Nor-cal, beer with SP'ers - Feb 12 8pm

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Sleighty

by Sleighty » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm up in Chico...Sierra Nevada is here in town...although I am a newbie who has not met some of you...but hey...that's what it's for ya? Bout an hour for you to get here? Dunno if that's too much. I know there's some others up in Shasta/Redding area, so I'm sorta in the middle :D

Edit: 12th actually I may be heading south to climb! It looks like Pinnacles will be my valentine...

Bubba Suess

by Bubba Suess » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Would those of us who do not drink be permitted?

JasonH

Re: Nor-cal, beer with SP'ers

by JasonH » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:14 pm

squishy wrote:So I heard a little interest in us Sacramento and northern California members getting together for a beer. How about one of the upcoming Fridays?

February 12th would give people some time to see the thread...

who is interested?

My girl suggested Mandangos...since the fireside is so trashy...any other suggestions with good beer and close to the highways?

Last few times I went to Mandangos it smelled like puke. The Fox and Goose would me my recommendation. Cool English vibe without the Streets of London douche bag element.

http://www.foxandgoose.com/

JasonH

by JasonH » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 pm

squishy wrote:It looks busy with loud music though, will we be able to hear each other in there?

You bet. In my experience the only time it gets loud is on St. Patties Day. And if there is music going its on one side of it. The place is pretty big. It can get busy, but there are waitresses. There is also the Bon Lair on J Street, but it is really small.

keema

Re: Nor-cal, beer with SP'ers

by keema » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 am

JasonH wrote:
squishy wrote:So I heard a little interest in us Sacramento and northern California members getting together for a beer. How about one of the upcoming Fridays?

February 12th would give people some time to see the thread...

who is interested?

My girl suggested Mandangos...since the fireside is so trashy...any other suggestions with good beer and close to the highways?

Last few times I went to Mandangos it smelled like puke. The Fox and Goose would me my recommendation. Cool English vibe without the Streets of London douche bag element.

http://www.foxandgoose.com/

I've gone to alumni get togethers at the Fox and Goose. It would be a good place.

JasonH

by JasonH » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 am

squishy wrote:Alright then, Fox and Goose, Friday February 12th...

How about 7pm?

I can do 8.

Dragger

by Dragger » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 am

Would love to go but it's my birthday and I'm taking the day off to ski. Sorry Squish!

96avs01

by 96avs01 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:28 am

Probably gonna be boarding that day. Though if my plans change I will swing by for a few.

Anyone want to meet up at one of the many events during Sacramento Beer Week?

Big Benn

by Big Benn » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 am

I have had an invite, but can't make it. :cry:

Can I send my friends instead?

lisae

by lisae » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:53 pm

I am going to Death Valley on the 13th, so no goofing off before hand . . .

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Sleighty wrote:I'm up in Chico...Sierra Nevada is here in town...although I am a newbie who has not met some of you...but hey...that's what it's for ya? Bout an hour for you to get here? Dunno if that's too much. I know there's some others up in Shasta/Redding area, so I'm sorta in the middle :D

Edit: 12th actually I may be heading south to climb! It looks like Pinnacles will be my valentine...

Hey Sleighty, not to be OT or derail the thread, but do you Chico folks still climb out at Devils Kitchen in Upper park? When I was at State 25+ years ago that was the primary venue...And the Sierra Nevada Brewery was just a shack-like building a couple of blocks from campus :lol:

Sleighty

by Sleighty » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Haha the brewery is far from shack status now. A little upscale now actually...but still fun. And devil's kitchen is still in from time to time...bolts keep getting chopped by the park non-profit dudes...which I actually don't mind...keeps some people outta there that don't have gear, and there's plenty of spots to anchor it. It's fun for a day every now and then...but we've actually been trying to find some other stuff around there to clean up. Found a couple of options...we'll see how it goes.

Grizzly dome is ok for (semi) local slab.

Come back and visit...Chico is still Chico...which means good people in the right places and drunk college kids in the south campus area... :lol:

Marmaduke

Beer

by Marmaduke » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:08 am

I'm a new SPer and it would be great to listen to you guys about your experiences and learn something..... and have several beers. I'm in Sonoma and I have family around Sac, so hopefully next time. Fridays are kinda' tough though, a Saturday??

Sam Mills

by Sam Mills » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Neophiteat48

I sent you a private message.

Next

Return to California