An odd request for anyone climbing Wheeler's Peak soon.

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
ZingZootZephyr

An odd request for anyone climbing Wheeler's Peak soon.

by ZingZootZephyr » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Hey guys, I was referred to this forum from reddit.com/r/mountaineering. I know this is a long shot and I know it may sound ridiculous but I have been visiting the Taos/Angelfire area for the past few days and today, being my last day before heading back to Austin, climbed Wheeler's Peak. It was my first time doing any sort of major hiking and felt incredibly accomplished getting to write in the registry at the top. I couldn't think of anything to write but my name. Unfortunately my soon to be wife couldn't make the trip so, wanting to make her a part of the experience, I drew a symbol, which is incredibly important to us, next to my name. Now, being worn out I just stuffed the registry back in the tube, enjoyed the sights and started my trek down. The point of this post is that I REALLY wanted a picture of my entry in the registry with our symbol so I could show her but was too dumb to think about it at the time. So to cut to the chase if anyone is planning to climb Wheeler's Peak in the near future and had the time to take a photo of my entry, I would be immeasurably grateful.

My entry: 10/10/15 Lane V. Austin,TX

no avatar
kennethboyd

Re: An odd request for anyone climbing Wheeler's Peak soon.

by kennethboyd » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Did you get your picture? I'm planning on climbing first week in January and I'll try and get a picture.

What route did you take? This will be my first winter trip and I'm planning on taking the Bull-of-the-Woods trail and camping one night. Any advice would be appreciated.

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)