Arco/Val di Sarca - Italy - classic multi-pitch trad

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
keetrab

Arco/Val di Sarca - Italy - classic multi-pitch trad

by keetrab » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi

I am going to Arco in April/May this year and looking for some information on the routes I am interested in.

Via del Boomerang on Monte Brento, Katia Monte/Renata Rossi on Colodri for example?

Cheers

Bart

mvs

Re: Arco/Val di Sarca - Italy - classic multi-pitch trad

by mvs » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 am

I've climbed "Via Cristina" (VI) on Monte Casale, which was okay but not great because we got lost on the upper route (brush, crumbly rock). There is a good campground below Monte Casale. Since that less-than-stellar experience, I've avoided the place, but I've heard great things about the routes you mentioned. Good luck!

fatdad

by fatdad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:45 pm

I was there a good 20 years ago and never could get any locals to climb the longer routes on Colodri. They'd always say 'no sono alpinist' and the like. Lots of good climbing nevertheless, and if you check the campground there may be some visiting Brits, etc. Who are willing to climb the longer routes.

no avatar
alexey

by alexey » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:48 pm

All you need is a book - "Pareti del Sarca" by Filippi. It's sold everywhere in Arco. I believe there's an English version by now, but even the italian/german one is pretyy understandable. On Colodri it's rather easy to get onto something else than what you wanted - it's all criss-crossed very much. The routes warmly recommended there are, apart from RR and Katia that you ask about, Somadossi and White Crack (the latter somewhat more serious, both well-protected).

Return to Europe