Buying or renting gear in colombia

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
JosephRobertson

Buying or renting gear in colombia

by JosephRobertson » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi

Me and a friend are travelling south america, and among other things have recently climbed aconcagua. The normal route as you may know is not technical, so we have all our gear barring ropes, harnesses and helmets.
We are going to be in colombia around March and would like to do some climbing there and we're hoping to get some gear there.
Does anyone have any experience of buying or renting these things out there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Joe

no avatar
milotron

Re: Buying or renting gear in colombia

by milotron » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:30 pm

I know three good places to buy climbing gear and mountaineering gear in Bogota, Colombia , the first is Tatoo, address Calle 122 # 18-30, the other is next to it, and is called 14ochomiles

Both have online stores

Tatoo
14ochomiles

the third is 40 blocks away and is called monodedo, address: Carrera 16 No. 82-22

The 3 stores are in good and nice places of the city, so you dont have to worry.

Since you are traveling to colombia i supose that this map will also help.

-Juan

no avatar
TomCastellani

Re: Buying or renting gear in colombia

by TomCastellani » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:48 pm

I can highly recommend Gangas Inc

The store isn't apparent from outside and you have to go upstairs but a cab will drop you right by the door and it's a really decent place for all rock climbing gear. You can see what they have online. Mainly Red Chili's and a couple others in terms of shoes which is what I was after.

Return to Gear