Cilogear Diagonal Ski Carry?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
cjeibl

Cilogear Diagonal Ski Carry?

by cjeibl » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:47 am

Has anyone figured out how to carry skis diagonally on the 30l worksack? I have tried using the included straps to rig something up, but have been unsuccessful. Any advice would be appreciated.

blazin

by blazin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:12 am

cjeibl

by cjeibl » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:20 am

The description indicates that it is designed for snowboards. Has anyone used it with skis?

tmbass

Re: Cilogear Diagonal Ski Carry?

by tmbass » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:03 pm

This is a pretty old thread, but I just rigged up my Cilo 60L for a diagonal ski carry recently for a long hiking approach. I took some 6 mil cord threaded it through one of the icetool pick sleeves on the bottom and closed it with a double fisherman's not. I now had a loop that was adjustable and was supported by this fairly substantial structural component of the pack. I slid my skis (base-to-base) into this loop until they got hung up on the bindings. For the top I took a Cilo medium strap through two d-clips diagonal from the lower loop and cinched down the skis about the neck above the bindings. Solid, well supported and high on my back without even coming close to bumping my head.

Return to Gear