Everest Rant....good stuff from Will Gadd

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:39 am

RADSON & CINDY...

GOOD ON THE TWO OF YA!

I truly hope that more like you trek onto the trail and pay those Porter's (NOT SHERPA'S) what they deserve for all the incredible work that they do.

Thank you!

Alpinisto

by Alpinisto » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:57 pm

CindyAbbott wrote:I like the way Dow said: we don't know each other stories so we should not comment on them.

But, that wouldn't be SP then...now would it? :roll:

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:44 am

Dow Williams wrote:Brad, you used a helicopter to climb Robson for gods sake (the hump and then technical aspects of the mousetrap is what make the Kain face such a classic). Suppose to be a dream of yours and you damn near flew to the summit to start. You would whore out your mother to get to a summit, call a spade a spade. You could care less about porters or mules as long as they carry your shit for you. From what I hear, you would probably spend 30 minutes negotiating the meager price they are normally paid.

I could not stand for someone else hauling my shit anywhere or using heli's in the Canadian Rockies, 12,000 is all we are talking about. Have some friggin pride.

Sorry Dow, I've been away for a while and was just getting caught up.

First of all thank you for proving my initial point so exactly, that being, guys like you shitting on your fellow climbers because of their climbing style are dicks. Who cares what style any climber chooses to employ. Yes I've flown up to the dome on Robson but so did your hero Steve House. I guess because Mr. House puts a lot of time and effort in to climbing and I don't understand his world you probably think it"s OK for him to fly up there while it's not OK for weekend climbers like me.

As for the Sherpas yes I do care about them. You obviously didn't understand my posts regarding my belief that it should be the Sherpa community that should set the fees in their area. As for my using mules on Aco I don't get your point. You're the one who professes that only real climbers carry their own gear up the mountain, not me.

Dow, while I certainly respect all the time and effort you've up in to your trip reports here on SP I really don't give a rat's ass what you think. Furthermore, your "from what I've heard" comment is pure nonsense as I doubt you've ever talked to anyone who knows me personally.

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:49 am

FortMental wrote:
Dow Williams wrote:Brad, you used a helicopter to climb Robson for gods sake. Suppose to be a dream of yours and you damn near flew to the summit to start. You would whore out your mother to get to a summit

Ouch.... say it ain't so, Brad!

It's so, just after Steve and Colin few in. I wonder how much time and effort I need to put in to climbing before Dow thinks it's OK for me to do it again. :lol:

James_W

by James_W » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:54 am

Brad Marshall wrote:
FortMental wrote:
Dow Williams wrote:Brad, you used a helicopter to climb Robson for gods sake. Suppose to be a dream of yours and you damn near flew to the summit to start. You would whore out your mother to get to a summit

It's so, just after Steve and Colin few in. I wonder how much time and effort I need to put in to climbing before Dow thinks it's OK for me to do it again. :lol:

FYI Steve has been up Robson at least 5 times and and I think the fly in was for a new line up it. Do you honestly compare yourself to them? you climb? I haven't seen any pics of you leading rock.

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:54 am

James_W wrote:
Brad Marshall wrote:
FortMental wrote:

FYI Steve has been up Robson at least 5 times and and I think the fly in was for a new line up it. Do you honestly compare yourself to them? you climb? I haven't seen any pics of you leading rock.

Did you actually read and understand any of my posts? Apparently not otherwise you wouldn't be questioning me regarding my climbing which I certainly don't have to justify to you. That's something those dicks do. Are you one of those?

Dow Williams

by Dow Williams » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:12 am

We would not have a problem with it at all Brad if you spoke from a tourist climber perspective instead of trying to pose with such authority on climbing regarding stuff of which you know little except for what you read. James, Anita, myself, many others get tired of your poser status when it comes to discussing gear or Canadian climbing. Comparing your flight to climb the Kain face to Steve House scouting new routes, or Barry Blanchard who flies clients up there (how he makes a living) because they, like yourself, are not in condition to make the true climb....is ludicrous and first rate poser material. When you quit posing, we will quit calling you out on it.

I don't have a problem with what other people's methods and styles are unless they start bs..ing their way around. A lot of Everest "summiteers" do this and that was Will's main point when he wrote the article.

James_W

by James_W » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:52 am

butitsadryheat wrote::shock:

new site needed?

suggestions?

Plenty Of Fish - Get knee deep in some pus*y

Previous

Return to General