Fighting Cancer

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

Re: Fighting Cancer

by Bob Sihler » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:31 am

Marmaduke wrote:Actually as you can see Steve, Bob Sihler was the saviour here and recognized this for what it is.

Actually, if there is a "saviour" of this thread, it is Bob Burd, not I, for he was the one who posted the concerns but let it stand. It can be hard to make the right call in these cases when the rules say one thing and your gut tells you another, especially when a well-known member is involved.

Please do not see my previous post in this thread as a public overruling of one mod by another.

While I would have found enough gray area here to let the thread stay, Bob Burd obviously did as well, and first.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

The following user would like to thank Bob Sihler for this post
Marmaduke

Marmaduke

Re: Fighting Cancer

by Marmaduke » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:06 am

Bob Sihler wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:Actually as you can see Steve, Bob Sihler was the saviour here and recognized this for what it is.

Actually, if there is a "saviour" of this thread, it is Bob Burd, not I, for he was the one who posted the concerns but let it stand. It can be hard to make the right call in these cases when the rules say one thing and your gut tells you another, especially when a well-known member is involved.

Please do not see my previous post in this thread as a public overruling of one mod by another.

While I would have found enough gray area here to let the thread stay, Bob Burd obviously did as well, and first.

Thank you to the two Bob's!! Really appreciated, nothing in it for me but trying to be a friend to a local Sonoman. Leslie and her daughter are good people and I wish them both success on their hike and success with the fundraising.

BUT...Bob you really screwed up your credibility. Calling me a "well-known member" but then again calling me a "member" could mean something else as well and you didn't refer to me as a valued member. So maybe your credibility is still in tact. :D

Previous

Return to General