indian creek temps/conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.
Snowball

indian creek temps/conditions

by Snowball » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:33 pm

hi!
does anyone have recent temps/climbing conditions in indian creek UT? i am considering a climbing trip and wanted to know if its been too cold for climbing. thanks!

AlexeyD

by AlexeyD » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Drove by it about 2 weeks ago and there were some people climbing. This was only about 24 hours after a significant snowfall in the nearby high elevations (and some along the Creek as well). While I imagine that it would warm enough to climb on a sunny day, my understanding is there has been a considerable amount of rain in eastern Utah the past week or so, which may create some concerns with the reliability of gear placements in sandstone. That, rather than the temperature would be my primary concern right now.

Snowball

by Snowball » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:44 am

Thanks AD

I suspsected it was chilly and i dont want to go when its wet. Thx for heads up. Might go mid next month for week or so...

Return to Utah