Is really Casaval Ridge out of shape or done for the season?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
clmbr

Is really Casaval Ridge out of shape or done for the season?

by clmbr » Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 pm

I wonder who of those attempting Casaval Ridge over the last couple of weeks or so found the route out of shape and traversed to West Face Gully (NOT because they were told) and who did the complete upper route (e.g. Catwalk). Could you share your feedback please? I’m trying to find a common ground in communication about mountain conditions.

I did not see these rumors justified and such misleading information frustrates me.

My trip report is here:
Just a weekend trip to Mt Shasta (CR & AG)

The following user would like to thank clmbr for this post
deungsan

mrchad9

Re: Is really Casaval Ridge out of shape or done for the sea

by mrchad9 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Yeah this is the greatest mountain in the world but why do we need 300 threads about it? 10% of the CA threads are on this peak alone!

People saying routes are 'done' is WAY overrated. Not sure what folks are looking for, but I'd have been surprised if it was done based on my trip 5 or so weeks ago. You were just on it. Obviously it is not done... no need to ask others' opinion... You were just there!

I did Sargents Ridge last November when it was 'done'. Turned out to be a very nice climb and I had the whole mountain to myself. I really enjoyed it.

Better to find out what the conditions are, which you have, than ask random others if they liked it or not. What motivates them is anyones guess.

The following user would like to thank mrchad9 for this post
clmbr, WML

Burchey

Re: Is really Casaval Ridge out of shape or done for the sea

by Burchey » Sat May 11, 2013 5:24 am

wait, is this done?

Return to California