Lost: My Nuts

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
mtndonkey

Lost: My Nuts

by mtndonkey » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:31 am

I lost a set of nuts and couple of hexes this past weekend on the U-Notch. I either lost them somewhere in the middle of the couloir when I was glissading or inside the bergschrund when I punched through it and had to work my way out. PM me if you happen to find them and we can arrange something.

norco17

Re: Lost: My Nuts

by norco17 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:38 am

mtndonkey wrote:Lost: My Nuts

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hope you get them back

Misha

by Misha » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:42 am

I am sure that you aren't the first one to loose his nuts while climbing U-Notch. They do grow back over time or so I hear

Sorry could not resist ;). Hope your nuts will be found soon

rasgoat

by rasgoat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 am

Try not to drag them on the ground for too long, this can lead to many issues

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 am

You got hexes attached to your nuts???

No wonder ya lost em.

EManBevHills

by EManBevHills » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 pm

That's what happens when you glissade the U Notch...

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:55 pm

EManBevHills wrote:That's what happens when you glissade the U Notch...

Actually, he is lucky. Last guy that glissaded the U-Notch had to get his ass helo rescued outta there. And he was a local Hardcore Guide! Busted his ankle bad.

Also, he is lucky that he didn't really bust his ass up bad when he punched through and fell into a shrund in the Pal Glacier area. Last guy that I know of that did that, was also helo'd outta there... in a bag.

rhyang

by rhyang » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:28 pm

The Chief wrote:Also, he is lucky that he didn't really bust his ass up bad when he punched through and fell into a shrund in the Pal Glacier area. Last guy that I know of that did that, was also helo'd outta there... in a bag.

That picture is actually from an accident in the Mt. Sill area from 2004 -- rappel anchor failure, as I recall. The report from the surviving climber was quite harrowing.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:36 pm

rhyang wrote:
The Chief wrote:Also, he is lucky that he didn't really bust his ass up bad when he punched through and fell into a shrund in the Pal Glacier area. Last guy that I know of that did that, was also helo'd outta there... in a bag.

That picture is actually from an accident in the Mt. Sill area from 2004 -- rappel anchor failure, as I recall. The report from the surviving climber was quite harrowing.

Yup... he ultimately fell into the shrund where the North Sill Couloir meets the southern aspect of the Pal Glacier, from what I recall on the Inyo SAR site final report.

mtndonkey

by mtndonkey » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:19 pm

It was just a short glissade done very controlled b/c the snow was quite soft in the middle from the heat and sun. We knew the 'schrund was going to be sketch on the descent due to conditions so we chose to rapell it and I was on a rope when I went partially in. It was my squirming around to get out that I might have lost them. Glissading many parts of that route would be quite dangerous, but didn't feel that it was the case in some sections.

I think I might have "lost my nuts" when our rope got stuck after rapelling from the summit on Polemonium and I had to climb back up up to retrieve it, not my idea of fun when you're hungry and ready to be back in camp.

Edit: spelling

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:18 pm

I figured that only you would start such a thread :lol: I love all the immediate critique. He's a safe guy (when he doesn't trip over himself :D )

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:24 pm

rasgoat wrote:Try not to drag them on the ground for too long, this can lead to many issues

WHAT? Did somebody lose their nuts ???

mvs

by mvs » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Hey there is already a thread about this...here. :wink:

SJ

by SJ » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:50 pm

They're quite possibly somewhere in the tent. I still haven't been able to get the smell out of that thing from last weekend. Not sure where your rock pro is however.

mtndonkey

by mtndonkey » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:28 pm

SJ wrote:They're quite possibly somewhere in the tent. I still haven't been able to get the smell out of that thing from last weekend. Not sure where your climbing pro is however.

Haha, I hate to break it to you but that smell isn't ever going to come out, my college roommate still complains to me that I permanently ruined his sense of smell. I assumed this thread wouldn't help reunite me with my lost gear....at least we can have some fun with it.

Seriously though, if someone finds my gear I still want it back. Don't let me catch you sticking my nuts in some random crack.

Next

Return to California