McKenzie/Moose Combo

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
beaudittl

McKenzie/Moose Combo

by beaudittl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:12 am

Hey all. I'm headed to do McKenzie in a few weeks and I would love to tag Moose while I'm there. But I understand that some of the trails are on private property. With that said, what is the best way to do this? Contact the Shore Owners Assoc. and get permission? Any tips appreciated. Thanks again and happy trails!

Catskillhiker

by Catskillhiker » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:15 pm

http://alavigne.net/Outdoors/ImageGalle ... /index.jsp
best site ive seen on them 2 peaks

moose has the shore owners trails yes, they are privately owned, but i think their open for hiking, likely not camping though

CRiedel2

McKenzie from Ray Brook

by CRiedel2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:40 am

I hiked up McKenzie Mt back in October from the trailhead between Lake Placid and Saranac Lake (Can't miss it). As far as I know, if that'll be your starting point, you should be able to continue on to Moose Mt., as the trail goes both ways off of McKenzie. I'm not sure about starting from the other side or what a round trip milage would be if starting at one trailhead and doing a loop. Most of the hike from the Ray Brook TH was more of an approach, followed by a steep muddy climb when I did it. I want to do it again this summer and hopefully have some views! It was nice at the TH but snowing in the clouds at top when I was there. Hope this helps :)

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)