Mt. No Goode

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
tbaranski

Mt. No Goode

by tbaranski » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:06 am

There seems to be confusion over which peek is Mt. No Goode. Referring to the canyon to the SE of Mt. Goode, the SP page says:

"As one walks up the broad canyon, Mt. Goode is on the right making up one side of the canyon, Mt. No Goode is at the far western end, and an unnamed prominent peak adorns the left side."

This makes sense, but I climbed the unnamed peak today (south side of the canyon), and found a summit register from 1989 calling it "Mt. No-Good".

Anyone know if there's a register on the SP Mt. No Goode? And if so, how old it is? An ankle injury on the way up Mt. No-Good prevented me from going over to find out.
Attachments
20170831_134700.jpg
20170831_134700.jpg (827.19 KiB) Viewed 4031 times

Romain

Re: Mt. No Goode

by Romain » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:24 pm

The Mount No Goode referenced on SP and in Secor is the one in the middle. I don't know if it has a register.
The peak on the left is Pk 12,689 and I don't think it can be easily confused with Mount Goode. I struck me as prominent enough to deserve a name, however... Mount Bob Burd?

The following user would like to thank Romain for this post
Marcsoltan, McCannster, tbaranski, Tom Kenney, Yank-Tank

no avatar
Yank-Tank

by Yank-Tank » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Romain wrote:The Mount No Goode referenced on SP and in Secor is the one in the middle. I don't know if it has a register.
The peak on the left is Pk 12,689 and I don't think it can be easily confused with Mount Goode. I struck me as prominent enough to deserve a name, however... Mount Bob Burd?

vote Mt Burd.

Marcsoltan

by Marcsoltan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Romain wrote:The Mount No Goode referenced on SP and in Secor is the one in the middle. I don't know if it has a register.

Correct

Pk 12,689 = Mount Burd , sounds good to me.

Deb

by Deb » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:51 am

The only in the middle is No Goode, but I don't recall if there was a register up there 2 years ago. I think not, because I squatted all four points to be sure I hit the right one.
The peak on the left, I climbed via the couloir and Class 3 scramble to summit. I named it Goode Enuf on peakbagger.com...if you're interested. :)

The following user would like to thank Deb for this post
tbaranski

boyblue

by boyblue » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:58 am

I second that. Trouble is, he has to die first. :o Peaks aren't officially named for the living.

Return to California