It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Mt. Baldy

Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone was planning on climbing the bowl either the 20th of 21st. I dont really want to go solo so was wondering if I could tag along with anyone, thanks
Read more : Mt. Baldy | Views : 6738 | Replies : 29

Mt St Helena climbing ratings

I think you're a 5.10 climber. Cheers.
Read more : Mt St Helena climbing ratings | Views : 583 | Replies : 1

San Gorgonio conditions

I'm planning on hiking San Gorgonio next Monday. What gear do you think I'll need?

Thanks
Read more : San Gorgonio conditions | Views : 1828 | Replies : 2

Merced River Poppies flowering

Are the poppies blooming along the Merced River yet? How about at Hite's cove?
I missed last year's spectacular bloom, and hope to make the trip to photograph them.
thanks
Read more : Merced River Poppies flowering | Views : 618 | Replies : 0

Sierra Web Cams Gone?

The Sierra Fire Web Cams (link: http://sierrafire.cr.usgs.gov/swfrs/Pages/Webcam.html) has been down for more than a week now. Anybody know if they will be back? New link? Gone for good?
Read more : Sierra Web Cams Gone? | Views : 959 | Replies : 3

High Sierra Skiing

For some great current ski trip photos of High Sierra peaks ,take a look at the Backcountry Ski/Board Reports forum on the Message Board at www.the backcountry.net . Another good site for current High Sierra conditions is the talk forum at Telemarktips.com . There are often daily Sierra updates.
Read more : High Sierra Skiing | Views : 3640 | Replies : 5

Naming a peak

Does anyone know how to get a peak officially named. There is a fabulous spire adjacent to Raymond peak that is only named with its elevation. Of course this would start a new thread on what to call it but there must be some old relic /legend climber left to honor it. Doug Robinson sort of lives in the area.
Read more : Naming a peak | Views : 2500 | Replies : 23

Flowers of the Sierra Nevada

Spring is just around the corner and flowers will soon begin to bloom in the Sierra. Please keep the Flowers of the Sierra Nevada album in mind while you are out exploring the Sierra.

The album already contains some magnificant photos but there are hundreds of flower species missing. I'm hoping the album will develop into a more comprehensive reference library for Sierra flowers. In the future, if you see a flower and are not ...
Read more : Flowers of the Sierra Nevada | Views : 7069 | Replies : 12

Sequoia & Yosemite Park

Hi there,

Not really a mountaineering question, but i am quite sure you guys can help me out. I'll be in California next week for a conference. I fly in @ San Diego, conference 15-19 Mar. And i booked a flight back from San Francisco @ 22 Mar.

Now I have 3 options to go from San Diego to San Francisco.

1) Take a plane from SD to SF and do some urban visiting
2) ...
Read more : Sequoia & Yosemite Park | Views : 7283 | Replies : 18

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136400