It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:39 pm

News News of News

Site map of News » Forum : News

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.

Tolo Calafat

My good friend and long-time collaborator Tolo Calafat is dead.

After having summit the Annapurna last Tuesday, his excellent physics and strong will were not enough to take him safely back down to C4, and after two nights in the worst of conditions, without shelter or food, he finally passed away yesterday morning.

Tolo was such a fine man, always with a big smile on his face. He loved the mountains in all its facets, ...
Read more : Tolo Calafat | Views : 5780 | Replies : 20

50 year-old on Everest

Frankly, I find this topic a lot more interesting than the teen on Everest one, maybe because I have had the pleasure of meeting Cindy Abbott twice on Mt Baldy here in Southern California.

Cindy is battling a rare and usually lethal disease, and following her dream of climbing Mt Everest. She crossed into the Khumbu Icefall today. You can read her Everest blog here:

http://reachingbeyondtheclouds.com/category/mt-everest/

And more about ...
Read more : 50 year-old on Everest | Views : 11762 | Replies : 39

injured climber?

I was reading on one of the other Forums( Mountain Medicine and Rescue) about a "High Profile Climber" injured in Canada and flown to his home state of OR. Anyone hear of any other news?

(For example, we transported a very high-profile climber this past weekend from the Canadian Rockies to his home hospital in Oregon after a severe fall, but he required a few days in the local facility before it was safe for ...
Read more : injured climber? | Views : 1262 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459