It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:02 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

From Agassizjoch to Aar bivouac? (Bernese Oberland )

Hello!

Has anyone here descended from Agassizjoch to Aar bivouac hut (or vice versa) in Bernese Oberland? Is there a path down the moraine after crossing the glacier after Agassizjoch? And how badly crevassed is the glacier right after the Agassizjoch? I am going solo so this section bothers me a bit.

I am going to attempt Finsteraarhorn from the Finsteraarhorn Hut and then continuing my traverse to Aar bivouac and further on to Lauteraarhorn. ...
Read more : From Agassizjoch to Aar bivouac? (Bernese Oberland ) | Views : 962 | Replies : 0

Crete canyons

Crete is not only the famous Samaria gorge :D . It has also a lot of wild and pristine canyons for hiking or canyoneering.
I added canyon "Ha", a mysterious canyon full of myths...
Enjoy it...
Ha
Read more : Crete canyons | Views : 991 | Replies : 0

swiss mountain recommendations

I've never climbed in Switzerland, but plan to spend a couple of weeks there in July. I'm looking for a base from which it's convenient to reach several classic 4000m peaks via pleasant easy routes. If there happen to be some mid grade icy faces and quality rock routes on lower level peaks too, then it's all good. Can anyone suggest a suitable spot?
Read more : swiss mountain recommendations | Views : 1121 | Replies : 3

Pyramid found in Bosnia?

WOW!

Experts find evidence of Bosnia pyramid -
Structure believed one-third taller than Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12402157

http://sarajevo-x.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=piramida&start=0
Read more : Pyramid found in Bosnia? | Views : 2180 | Replies : 8

The hardest skiing descent in Slovenia on movie

In saturday we have filmed the hardest descent with skiies in Slovenia. The skiier was Davo Karnicar who has also skied from the top of Everest.

You can see the movie here: http://www.freeapproved.com/galerija.php?id=119

Just download the movie ( I suggest the better resolution ---> 54mb)

I will be grateful for comments (good and bad).

Cheers!

Bor Sumrada
Read more : The hardest skiing descent in Slovenia on movie | Views : 869 | Replies : 1

Breithorn from Monte-Rosa Hutt

Has anyone done the Breithorn via. the Monte-Rosa Hutt.

If so how long did it take? How do I do it? Was it technical? Crevasse danger?

Thanks
Read more : Breithorn from Monte-Rosa Hutt | Views : 1922 | Replies : 4

Alguien conoce un monte llamado 'Jonchu'?

Creo que nuestro compañero 'Jonchu' se ha pasado de listo metiendo una montaña llamada 'Jonchu' en SP...ya he colgado un mensaje en el foro apropiado, pero también lo menciono aquí para que esteis al loro...

Saludos,
Read more : Alguien conoce un monte llamado 'Jonchu'? | Views : 411 | Replies : 0

video footage of me going up mont blanc

Check this out, thought you all! who are climbing Mont Blanc, may want a quick and i mean quick view of the mont Blanc route.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7578000188

8)
Read more : video footage of me going up mont blanc | Views : 1273 | Replies : 2

Italian Help Please

Hi Everyone,

I’m planning a hike from Saas Grund (CH) to near Antronapiana (IT) this July and I need some help with the Italian side.

I need to find out the travel time between the Almagellerhütte and the Rifugio Andolla, and between Rifugio Andolla and Rifugio Citta di Novara, and to book a place at one of them.

Most importantly, I need to find transport from Rifugio Citta di Novara (near Antronapiana) to the train ...
Read more : Italian Help Please | Views : 1413 | Replies : 2

Hutting in Orobie Alps 19 to28 June

Hi
Visiting the Orobie Alps 19 to 28 June any suggestions for Hutting walking /Scambling routes starting and finishing anywhere within the Orobie.
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Dave
Read more : Hutting in Orobie Alps 19 to28 June | Views : 685 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557976 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136469