It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Information on John Dunne

Does anyone have information (videos, pictures, articles) on John Dunne that you've bookmarked over the years that a general google search on the climber would not necessarily bring up right away?

If so, submitting it here would be great!

Cheers!
Read more : Information on John Dunne | Views : 1961 | Replies : 3

Your/the most humorous climbing quotes or sayings

Either something you said, a friend, buddy or a line from a book.

I'll start;

My climbing partner and I's exchange after I wrapped up cleaning the route -- clipping in to the anchor I noticed his tree sapling anchor on pitch 6 of a climb;
Me: "What's up with that ?" *pointing to anchor*
Him: "This? Oh it's bomb"
Me: "It's a dead sapling"
Him: "No it's not" *shakes the tree*
*sticks rain down ...
Read more : Your/the most humorous climbing quotes or sayings | Views : 19873 | Replies : 10

The Rough Guide to Solar System Mountaineering

http://io9.com/5650306/the-rough-guide-to-solar-system-mountaineering

.... a whole bunch of FAs just waiting to happen ... the approach would be a biatch though :mrgreen:
Read more : The Rough Guide to Solar System Mountaineering | Views : 1557 | Replies : 2

Endless climbing possibilities, must see video

This video is breathtaking

Has anyone been to this area??, seems like there are just endless climbing posibilites that include some amazing ridges, snow/ice, rock slabs anything and everything. wow
Read more : Endless climbing possibilities, must see video | Views : 2435 | Replies : 5

Speaking of those Chilean miners, what's the longest......

you've ever gone w/out bathing, presumably for a trip.

I was watching it briefly w/some friends last night, and the point came up that those guys must be RIPE when they get to the surface, although no one seemed to pull away from them when they were up.

Mine, IIRC, was about 12 days up in GNP when I was around 16.

Read more : Speaking of those Chilean miners, what's the longest...... | Views : 6649 | Replies : 25

SP:ers - be proud!!

Writing in a thread about owning pages etc, I wrote about whose here. Here, on Summitpost.
And thinking about it, it is amazing and the diversity of the members here is a fantastic thing.

There's such a variety on this site, from those who never get out into the real wilderness, to those who spend days and weeks to get to a remote place and climb there without support or comfort. There's hikers who stay ...
Read more : SP:ers - be proud!! | Views : 3718 | Replies : 15

Advice for April

I have 10 days off in April, April 15-25. I'd like to fly somewhere and do some great hiking. I am not a rock or ice climber so I'm not looking to do anything beyond class 3. I am ok with winter conditions (snowshoeing or x country skiing) but I'm not lookign for anything particularly dangerous. Does anyone have any ideas of places that would be nice that time of year?
Read more : Advice for April | Views : 1731 | Replies : 3

Food for the high country?

I am new to packing and preparing meals in the high country. I wanted to know what kind of foods other than dehydrated meals that are easy to prepare and light to pack. Any links or articles would be helpful. Feel free to list some of the meals you prepare while on the mountain. Thanks in advance.
Read more : Food for the high country? | Views : 8715 | Replies : 37

High Summite Weather forecast High Summite Weather forecast

Hi new member here. A very useful site I have used many times but never joined.
A quick Question under the Mountain Conditions on most NE summits I see a link for

Mountain Conditions
The National Weather Service posts forecasts for the above treeline summits at 3 AM every morning; this is useful if planning to traverse the exposed ridge between Bondcliff and West Bond.

It appears that the link is not correct any suggestions ...
Read more : High Summite Weather forecast | Views : 1204 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136403