It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Things to do in Portland

I know this is not a climbing question, but any help is much appreciated!

My wife and I may have need to head up to Portland and we would have one day completely free. Other than going to Powell's (I am on a seemingly never ending quest for a particular book), we are unsure exactly how best to experience the city. Any suggestions on how to best do Portland in a day?

Danke!
Read more : Things to do in Portland | Views : 3291 | Replies : 13

Cab/Van Service from Seattle to Mt. Baker's Trialhead

So we have a party of 5 people going to climb Mt. Baker in the summer, none of us are willing to drive and we decided to use a cab/van service from Seattle to the Trailhead of Mt. Baker. Do you know any cab company in Seattle has a medium size van that's big enough for 5 people and all the gears? Thank you so much!
Read more : Cab/Van Service from Seattle to Mt. Baker's Trialhead | Views : 2430 | Replies : 7

Mt.Adams South Side

Does anybody have information regarding road and route conditions for the standard route on Mt Adams south side? Is the road open to Cold Springs Camp Ground? If not how close can a person in a Subaru drive?
Thanks for your response!
Tim
Read more : Mt.Adams South Side | Views : 2259 | Replies : 3

Avalanche danger, Liberty Ridge in June?

Should we take beacons and shovels for a climb of Liberty Ridge in mid June?

Are there places on the ascent or descent that are particularly exposed to avalanches?

(We're a party of 3, and will likely be roped together most of the time.)
Read more : Avalanche danger, Liberty Ridge in June? | Views : 2829 | Replies : 6

Mt. Rainier - Hiking Trails near Paradise in 2 weeks

I am doing a rainier climb with IMG the first week of June, and will be staying in Paradise for 3 days prior to the climb, and would like to get some day hikes in,,I am looking for some suggestions in the area...I will have my rental plastic boots, however I will not have crampons, and my wife only has regular hiking boots, she will be with my the first 3 days..any suggestions are appreciated ...
Read more : Mt. Rainier - Hiking Trails near Paradise in 2 weeks | Views : 1379 | Replies : 2

Anyone feeling generous (Mt. hood)

So family vacation will be bringing me to the PNW late June thru the 4th of July. I was wondering if anyone might be nice enough to let a guy tag a long with a group on a ascent of Mt Hood during that time? June 27-July 4.

I am offering beers and some food afterwards and to carry anything heavy. I have been up Rainier (guided), and remember the very basics but am still ...
Read more : Anyone feeling generous (Mt. hood) | Views : 1127 | Replies : 4

Mount Baker

Four of us are planning to travel (presumably to/from Seattle) with climbing gear to/from Mount Baker Wed 23 - Mon 28 Jun. We’re currently planning to rent a car. Are there other, better options (such as shuttle services)? Can you recommend any lodging near Mount Baker? I’d like to post on other forums like this for Washington State. Do you know of any besides http://NWHikers.net/forums and ...
Read more : Mount Baker | Views : 2240 | Replies : 1

Washington Pass

Climbed SEWS yesterday, southwest couloir. Very good conditions, lots of snow, no one else on any Liberty Bell peaks. Many skiers in the Bowl up there having fun.Image
Read more : Washington Pass | Views : 2725 | Replies : 0

Wonderland Trail alternative?

My friend and I were hoping to do the Wonderland Trail in late August but our permit apps were rejected. They had 1000 applications submitted in the two week open window in March.

We can try to get a walk up permit, and may do that (anyone had any luck?), but we want to have a few alternatives in our pockets.

Looking for recommendations of 4-6 night backpacking trips in the region. Requirements are:

Read more : Wonderland Trail alternative? | Views : 10430 | Replies : 17

Avalanche risk on South Sister??

Hey all! I'm trying to head down to South Sister and get in some climbing this weekend but I know most mountains in the area have considerable avalanche risk at the moment. I was wondering if anyone had any beta on the conditions on South Sister right now?
Read more : Avalanche risk on South Sister?? | Views : 2219 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136400