It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:56 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Green mountians vermount

I want a good guidebook for the range, similar to the amc's Catskill mountain guide, or the ADK high peak's guide, like the ones that come with the maps, im not specifically looking at the long trail, i like camping trips when it comes to Vermont, a map is a must for the book, any ideas? or links?
Read more : Green mountians vermount | Views : 976 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Climbing in Glacier Nat'l Park - class 5 rock question

Hey all -

Heading to Glacier in mid-late July and I'm an east-coast granite climber. I know the rock is mostly sedimentary out there and they've got their own classification system. I'm looking at trip reports/pics/etc and seems like the norm is class 3-4/loose rock and unroped scrambling.

I did hear there are some good quality rock routes but they are rare. I'm curious if anyone has done some class 5, roped, technical climbing routes ...

Hull Mountain

I need a ride. The Jeep is going into the shop on Monday and I need to ski Hull on Wednesday.
Who's got a 4X4 with decent clearance that can drive me up there?
EARLY start or camp out Tue. evening.

$REWARD$ and/or Napa Valley wine for your help.
Read more : Hull Mountain | Views : 1003 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

isobutane in talkeetna?

if i'm getting there late friday night and hopefully on the ruth by saturday p.m., where would you go to buy some fuel canisters?

HELL YEAH!!! FIVE DAYS MORE!!!!
Read more : isobutane in talkeetna? | Views : 1540 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Lost one of the tribe - keep a lookout for a camera

September 20, 2009 a guy I know climbed Matterhorn Peak with some friends. On the way down, one fell and did not survive. A camera was lost and they are hoping to get it back. It is a bombproof old Pentax K1000 film camera and they hope the film will be ok. I took two of them up to look for it October 24, 2009 but some snow had fallen. They weren't certain where they ...
Read more : Lost one of the tribe - keep a lookout for a camera | Views : 1253 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Washington Pass

Climbed SEWS yesterday, southwest couloir. Very good conditions, lots of snow, no one else on any Liberty Bell peaks. Many skiers in the Bowl up there having fun.Image
Read more : Washington Pass | Views : 2736 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Climbing fatality in Yosemite Valley

A sad Mother's Day for Mrs. Ellis. Rappelling continues as one of the most dangerous of climbing-related activities.
Read more : Climbing fatality in Yosemite Valley | Views : 20574 | Replies : 58 | Forum : California

All You San Jacinto Pros

I have not been on San J since I was a kid. Gonna try either Marion Mt trail or Devils Slide next Friday. Anyone been on these recently? would like to get in a training hike and not get bogged down in snow, any luck in that?
Dave
Read more : All You San Jacinto Pros | Views : 5840 | Replies : 22 | Forum : California

Wonderland Trail alternative?

My friend and I were hoping to do the Wonderland Trail in late August but our permit apps were rejected. They had 1000 applications submitted in the two week open window in March.

We can try to get a walk up permit, and may do that (anyone had any luck?), but we want to have a few alternatives in our pockets.

Looking for recommendations of 4-6 night backpacking trips in the region. Requirements are:

Read more : Wonderland Trail alternative? | Views : 10517 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459