It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:33 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Rude welcome

Hi,

After seeing that there were plenty of helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum, I registered to post a question about a trip I'm planning to Mexico. I should mention that I've been on numerous forums like this over the years and have moderated a couple myself.

After registration, which took a day due to the requirement for moderator approval, I tried to post my question. It took another half a day for the ...
Read more : Rude welcome | Views : 3482 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Disappearing Summit Log entries

What's up?

Brian Jenkins was complaining about this and now I have discovered that a number of my entries and Moni's entries are gone.
Read more : Disappearing Summit Log entries | Views : 2931 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

where to upload GPX tracks on SP?

Hello summitpost friends,

Is there a place on this big website to upload GPX tracks?
Having a track file for most of not all of the routes here would be incredibly helpful for anyone who wants to try that route.

I have hundreds of tracks that I would be glad to upload and share.

If there is a place on Summit post to upload it tracks and I haven't found it yet, can you please ...
Read more : where to upload GPX tracks on SP? | Views : 2842 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Santiago Peak (Orange County) and Stonewall Peak (San Diego

Both peaks up for adoption. I live in Bishop now so not well connected to current information and conditions.
Read more : Santiago Peak (Orange County) and Stonewall Peak (San Diego | Views : 3772 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Page Adoption Forum

Request: Adding a page in the "External Links"-Section

Dear Admins,

I hope this is the right place to ask. Some weeks ago I climbed the Iztaccihuatl in Mexico. Awesome place!
The entry on summitpost reeeeaaally helped me planing this trip...

After that, I created a little trip report in my private blog with lots of images.
Is it possible to link this entry in the "external links" section of the Iztaccihuatl page? I think it could be interesting for some people.

A little ...
Read more : Request: Adding a page in the "External Links"-Section | Views : 3961 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Photo's in Forum reply

What is the easiest way to insert a photo from my image gallery into a Forum reply?
Read more : Photo's in Forum reply | Views : 5694 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

Oceania not Oceana

I noticed that Oceana is one of the continent choices when making a new page. I think Oceania is meant. Oceana is a non-profit organization.
Read more : Oceania not Oceana | Views : 3632 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

summit entries on front page

Elves,
Why not replace 'Photo of the Moment' with 'Latest summit entries'? Put the 10 most recent entries on the front page. This will make it easier to see which areas are active and who is active. Can also encourage people to sign summit logs. Also encourage people to check back regularly to see what is happening.

atavist
Read more : summit entries on front page | Views : 3008 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136400