It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Training tip of the day - 2,000 pullups

How long would it take you to do 2,000 pullups :?:
http://climbing.about.com/b/2009/09/21/ ... france.htm

For me, I figure it would be pretty damn good if I could get this done in a month....a 31-day month :)
Read more : Training tip of the day - 2,000 pullups | Views : 16928 | Replies : 29

Knee problems!

Hi, it appears that both of my knee caps are out of alignment and are shifted too far to the outside of the leg, which causes all sorts of discomfort. Last year, I had an X-ray taken and I got some physical therapy and treatment, which improved it a lot. But is has gotten worse lately and so I was wondering if anybody knows some exercises or other things that might work. Also, the doctor ...
Read more : Knee problems! | Views : 7521 | Replies : 27

Cost of a climbing Wall

Anybody have experience appraising climbing walls? This is about 30-40' free-standing wall with room for 4 topropes. The bottom panels are available but in storage. It is used with the wear you would expect from being outside for a long time.

What is the value of this heap of junk?

Read more : Cost of a climbing Wall | Views : 1416 | Replies : 0

Ice climbing training vacation spot

I'm thinking of taking a week off this winter and going some place in North America where I can focus on improving my water ice skills. I'd probably want to hire an instructor/guide for at least some of the time as I'm still at the point in the learning curve where expert instruction would help me a lot. I've climbed WI4 and M6 on toprope, followed WI3 on multipitch alpine, and done some mock leading, ...
Read more : Ice climbing training vacation spot | Views : 7576 | Replies : 28

mybe

May be nervous .
Can rest.
Use of medical shoes...
I hope soon to be good
Read more : mybe | Views : 4248 | Replies : 7

Training to Go Down the Mountain

I've got the going up part down pretty darn well, but when it comes time to turn and head for home I seem to run into some real difficulty. My legs seem to weaken rapidly and my knees really begin to ache. I have started using trekking poles and this seems to help some for sure but it is not the true answer.

I know that descending a mounting uses a much different set of ...
Read more : Training to Go Down the Mountain | Views : 24965 | Replies : 23

Shoulder muscle imbalance ?

I feel like my climbing training has been going well at this stage of my recovery. I do yoga daily, core exercises and other stretching. I do pullups in the gym after climbing. I have a regular aerobic exercise regimen.

But lately my right shoulder has been bothering me. I'm wondering if I'm developing some kind of strength imbalance. I've read that there are specific exercises to combat this kind of thing. Just wondering if ...
Read more : Shoulder muscle imbalance ? | Views : 3589 | Replies : 9

technical SAR

I'm While other have classes for SAR training and therefore to technical resources for the mental preparation ...

Need to teach that the site
Including:

SKED
Introduction to block aid space
Tirol 1-4 system with rope
Tirol with rope landing Basket 2
Basket to injured
Transport injured
Management Assistance (ICS)

And a technical question , What Dasy Chain?
Read more : technical SAR | Views : 2355 | Replies : 2

Solo or Partnered???

Every year I try to plan at least one solo trip. It’s great to be on your own schedule, and not have to make any compromises. I often get frustrated with my partners, but sometimes it’s good to have a back-up.

Last weekend I climbed Thunderbolt solo. On the trip I had at least a half dozen minor incidents that could have soiled the trip, but I was able solve each of the problems and ...
Read more : Solo or Partnered??? | Views : 10160 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136400