NH car shuttle hikes anyone?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Castlereagh

NH car shuttle hikes anyone?

by Castlereagh » Fri May 28, 2010 3:48 pm

So I'm trying make some progress on the NH48 this summer; problem is, the friends I usually hike with aren't really into hikes with more than one summit, per se, so I'm trying to figure out efficient ways of taking down some of the remote peaks without having to camp overnight (which I'm averse to). A couple of these require car shuttles:

Start Zealand/Twinway up to Zealand, then Guyot, Bonds, Bondcliff, end at Kanc. A little less than 20 miles, but significantly less elevation gain than a round tripper since you don't have to reclimb anything.

North and South Twin, traverse over to Galehead, end at Galehead parking lot. 11 1/2 miles round trip.

Shoot me a PM if anyone is interested in a 2-car shuttle for these agendas. I might be up for a Presi Traverse too a little later in the summer when my legs are warmed up.

no avatar
fsclimb

Hitchhike

by fsclimb » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:48 pm

i have hitched rides many times there, it is really easy and safe. And I have also picked up hitch hikers there; which I would not do anywhere else.
The Twins route above I did using a bicycle. pretty flat road ride, and not too far.

Car spots are a PITA....

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)